DR-NTU (open repository) serves as the University’s Open Access Repository to enable research publications by NTU faculty and researchers to be made freely accessible on the web. This is a guide for the NTU community outlining how to submit journal articles and conference papers to the Repository.
Preparation to submit
- Please ensure that you submit the accepted or the published version of your paper before publication. You can refer to the Sherpa Romeo site to check for publishers’ information on self archiving rights. If you need assistance, we can also do verification on the version that you submit to us.
Important note: Most journal publishers do not allow us to use the publisher's pdf file. For these cases, we can only accept the author's final version sent by the author to the publisher.
- Ensure that you have the following prepared at the point of submission so that you are not inconvenienced by the lack of information.
- Full reference details are indicated in your paper (i.e. author names, title of paper, journal title, volume no., date)
- Abstract of your paper.
- The pdf copy of your paper.
- You will need to grant us non exclusive distribution rights when submitting documents to the repository. However, rest assure that you still retain the full copyright for your works and it will in no way prevent you from publishing in journals. Our repository is to complement and create more exposure for authors’ works and not to compete with journal publishers.
- Login to Dr-NTU using your staff network account.
- Select the Community to submit to.
- Fill in as much information as you can for your submission. Your name, title of article, school and abstract of your article are information that is compulsory.
- Attach your article in pdf format to complete your submission.
- To check if you have submitted successfully, please login to my DR-NTU and if you see your submission on your page, you know it has been submitted successfully.
- It may take about 3-4 weeks after your submission before you receive an email from the Library to confirm whether your item has been accepted into the repository.
If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.