Professor Louis Phee is the Dean of College of Engineering and the Tan Chin Tuan Centennial Professor in Mechanical Engineering at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. Prior to his deanship, he has served 3 years as Chair of the School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering. He graduated from NTU with the B.Eng (Hons) and M.Eng degrees in 1996 and 1999 respectively. He obtained his PhD from Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna, Pisa, Italy in 2002 on a European Union scholarship. His research interests include Medical Robotics and Mechatronics in Medicine. He is currently a recipient of the prestigious National Research Foundation (NRF) Investigator Award. He had previously served as the Program Manager of A*STAR’s inaugural MedTech Program. He is the co-founder of 2 NTU start-ups and is an advisor and mentor to entrepreneurial faculty and students. He was awarded the Young Scientist Award (2006), the Outstanding Young Persons of Singapore Award (2007), the Nanyang Outstanding Young Alumni Award (2011), the President’s Technology Award (2012), the Nanyang Innovation and Entrepreneurship Award (2013) and the Nanyang Alumni Achievement Award (2017).
Prof Phee Soo Jay, Louis
Dean, College of Engineering
Professor, School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
His current research works focus on Medical Robotics and Mechatronics in Medicine.
- Extending The Reach Of Flexible Robotic Surgery
- Magnetically Actuated Ingestible Weight Management Capsule
- Robot-Optimized Bladder Endoscopy Resection of Tumour (ROBERT)
- Robotic Thyroidectomy
- N. Liu, W.M. Huang, S.J. Phee, T.H. Tong. (2008). Formation of Micro Protrusions atop Thermo-responsive Shape Memory Polymer. Smart Materials and Structures , 17(057001), 6pp.
- G.H. Pan, W.M. Huang, Z.C. Ng, N. Liu, S.J. Phee. (2008). The glass transition temperature of polyurethane shape memory polymer reinforced with treated/non-treated attapulgite (playgorskite) clay in dry and wet conditions. Smart Materials and Structures , 17(045007), 6 pp.
- S.C. Low, S.J. Phee, S.W. Tang, Z.M. Thant, K.Y. Ho, S.C Chung.(2008). Master-Slave Robotic System for Therapeutic Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Procedures. Encyclopedia of Healthcare Information Systems, Information Science ReferenceIGI Publishing.
- S. J. Phee, S. C. Low, Z. L. Sun, K. Y. Ho, W. M. Huang, Z. M. Thant. (2008). Robotic System for No-Scar Gastrointestinal Surgery. International Journal of Medical Robotics and Computer Assisted Surgery, 4(1), 15-22.
- K.Y. Ho, S.J.L. Phee, B.Y.J. So, S.C.S. Chung. (2007). Robotic Manipulator for Natural Orifice Transluminal Endoscopic Surgery. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, 65(5), AB110.