Madhavi is a Professor in School of Materials Science & Engineering. She is the Director of Global Alliance of Industries at NTU (GAIN) at Senior Vice President research (SVPR), President office at Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. She is also the co-Director of SCARCE (Singapore-CEA alliance for research in Circular economy), a joint lab, in collaboration with French Alternative energies and atomic energy commission (CEA, France) focusing on recycling of e-waste and cluster director (energy storage) at Energy Research Institute at NTU (ERI@N).She has won several prestigious awards including 2019 Asia’s top sustainability superwomen, L’Oreal for women in science national fellowships, Great Women of Our Time given by Singapore Women’s Weekly Magazine and NRF investigatorship award (2017) awarded to top scientists in Singapore by National research foundation (NRF). She has won the “Nanyang Excellence in Research” award (NTU) in 2014 and the “Nanyang Excellence in Teaching” award (NTU) twice in 2012 and 2017. In addition, she has also won the teacher of the year school award (NTU) twice in 2013 and 2016. She has also been featured among an elite group of researchers worldwide who have been recognized for exceptional research performance demonstrated by the production of multiple highly cited research papers which rank in the top 1% by citations for field in year 2018/2020 in Web of Science. She has worked/is working on several industry funded projects both nationally and internationally such as Energizer (USA), Arkema (France/USA), Rolls Royce(UK), BMW (Germany), Johnson Matthey (UK), Bosch (Germany), Durapower (Singapore), JNC (Japan), Elbit systems (Israel), Regentech Pte Ltd. (Singapore). She graduated with Masters from Indian Institute of Technology (IIT, Madras/Chennai, India) and did her PhD in National University of Singapore (Singapore).
Prof Srinivasan Madhavi
Director, Global Alliance of Industries @ NTU (GAIN)
Professor, School of Materials Science & Engineering
Prof Madhavi ‘s research focuses on synthesis, fabrication and application of nanoscale materials/architectures in improving the performance of electrochemical energy storage devices such as advanced lithium ion batteries, supercapacitors, sodium ion batteries, multivalent aqueous Zn / Al batteries. Her research is also on recycling of lithium ion batteries e-waste by novel hydrometallurgical techniques towards a closed loop approach. Madhavi has published over 350 high impact research papers and has 25 patents. Her research work has been cited worldwide with total citations over 26,542 (Hirch (H)-index = 86).
- All-solid-state batteries: unlock the stability issues to solid electrolytes and interfaces
- Development and Recycling of Binder Materials for Next Generation Li+ Batteries
- Development of cathode for zinc alkaline primary batteries with improved electrochemical performance
- Durapower Industrial Battery R&D Joint Lab
- Global Alliance for Industry @ NTU (GAIN)
- NTU-Durapower Industrial Battery R&D Joint Lab
- Optimization of the electrochemical performance of Activated Carbon/CNT composites for lithium ion capacitors and LMFP cathode-based lithium ion batteries - Essential for battery packs - 3kW & 18kW
- Singapore-CEA Alliance For Research In Circular Economy (SCARCE)
- Structural Power for portable and electrified transportation
- Understanding and Optimization of the Use of Next Generation Li Ion Salts
- Water-Based Rechargeable Battery Chemistries For New Generation Of Safe, High Energy Density Sustainable Energy Storage devices
- Grace Wee, Huan Zhong Soh, Yan Ling Cheah, Subodh G. Mhaisalkar Madhavi Srinivasan. (2010). Synthesis and Electrochemical Properties of Electrospun V2O5 Nanofibers as Supercapacitor Electrodes. Journal of Materials Chemistry, .
- Grace Wee, Madhavi Srinivasan, Mak Wai fatt, N.Ponthamachai, M.V.Reddy, B.V.R.Chowdari and Subodh Mhaisalkar. (2010). Particle Size Effect of Silver Nanoparticles Decorated SingleWalled Carbon Nanotube Electrode for Supercapacitors. Electrochemical Society. Journal, 157(2), A179-A184.
- T. Wang, M. Kaempgen, P. Nopphawan, G. Wee, S. Mhaisalkar, M. Srinivasan. (2010). Silver nanoparticle-decorated carbon nanotubes as bifunctional gas-diffusion. Journal of Power Sources, 195(3), 4350-4355.
- Lou XW; Chen JS; Tan YL; Li C; Cheah Y; Luan D; Srinivasan M; Boey F; Archer L. (2010). Constructing Hierarchical Spheres from Large Ultrathin Anatase TiO2 Nanosheets with Nearly 100% Exposed (001) Facets for Fast Reversible Lithium Storage. Journal of the American Chemical Society, .
- Stevin S. Pramana, T. J. White, Martin K. Schreyer, Cristiano Ferraris, Peter R. Slater, T. J. Bastow, Stefan Mangold, Stephen Doyle, Tao Liu, Andika Fajar, Madhavi Srinivasan, andTom Baikie. (2009). Pseudomorphic 2A → 2M → 2H Phase Transitions in Lanthanum Strontium Germanate Electrolyte Apatites. Dalton Transactions, 39, 8280-8291.