Dr. Sinno Jialin Pan is a Provost's Chair Associate Professor with the School of Computer Science and Engineering at Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. He received his Ph.D. degree in computer science from the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) in 2011. Prior to joining NTU, he was a scientist and Lab Head of text analytics with the Data Analytics Department, Institute for Infocomm Research, Singapore from Nov. 2010 to Nov. 2014. He joined NTU as a Nanyang Assistant Professor (university named assistant professor) in Nov. 2014. He was named to "AI 10 to Watch" by the IEEE Intelligent Systems magazine in 2018. His research interests include transfer learning and its real-world applications to IoT and NLP.
Machine learning and artificial intelligence, especially transfer learning and its applications to NLP and IoT.
- A New End-to-End Semi-supervised Learning Framework for Activity Recognition
- Continual Transfer Learning via Integrating Logic into Deep Learning
- Learning with Less Data
- Provost's Chair in Computer Science and Engineering
- Qiang Zhou, Yu Chen, Sinno Jialin Pan. (2020). Communication-efficient distributed multi-task learning with matrix sparsity regularization. Machine Learning, 109(3), 569-601.
- Shangyu Chen, Wenya Wang, Sinno Jialin Pan. (2019). MetaQuant: Learning to Quantize by Learning to Penetrate Non-differentiable Quantization. Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems 32 (pp. 3918-3928).
- Joey Tianyi Zhou, Ivor W. Tsang, Sinno Jialin Pan and Mingkui Tan. (2019). Multi-class Heterogeneous Domain Adaptation. Journal of Machine Learning Research, 20, 51:1-51:31.
- Wenya Wang and Sinno Jialin Pan. (2019). Syntactically Meaningful and Transferable Recursive Neural Networks for Aspect and Opinion Extraction. Computational Linguistics, 45(4), 705-736.
- Wenya Wang, Sinno Jialin Pan, Daniel Dahlmeier. (2018). Memory Networks for Fine-grained Opinion Mining. Artificial Intelligence, 265, 1-17.