Wang Xianfeng is an Associate Professor at the Asian School of the Environment and a Principal Investigator at the Earth Observatory of Singapore at Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. He holds a concurrent role as Adjunct Associate Research Scientist at the Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory (LDEO) of Columbia University in the USA. Before Xianfeng joined NTU in 2011, he was a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at LDEO. He obtained his PhD in Geology from the University of Minnesota, USA in 2006 and received his BSc and MSc in Geology from Nanjing University, China. Xianfeng is a recipient of the Singapore National Research Foundation Fellowship (2011), LDEO Postdoctoral Research Fellowship (2009), and Gary Comer Science & Education Postdoctoral Fellowship (2006).
Assoc Prof Wang Xianfeng
Associate Professor, Asian School of the Environment
Assistant Chair (Lifelong Learning), Asian School of the Environment
- Impact of environmental changes since the last glaciation on Southeast Asian populations
- Indian monsoon variability
- Investigating Holocene changes in the South American Monsoon System with an isotope enabled climate model
- Investigating triple oxygen isotopes in precipitation over Southeast Asia
- Late Quaternary moisture isotopic fractionation and Asian monsoon dynamics
- Myanmar Speleothem
- Quantifying Asian Monsoon Changes During The Late Quaternary By Using Triple Oxygen Isotopes In Speleothems
- Southeast Asia SEA-Level Program (SEA2)
- Tracing Early Trading in Singapore Using Geochemical Fingerprints and Artificial Intelligence on Archaeological Artefacts
- Tracking Hydro-Climate Variation In The Tropical Indo-Pacific With Highly Resolved Cave Records
- Will Arctic warming trigger severe hydroclimate changes? A retrospective view from Bølling lake level change in the Mono Basin, western USA
- Liu, G., Li, X., Chiang, H.-W., Cheng, H., Yuan, S., Chawchai, S., He, S., Lu, Y., Aung, L.T., Maung, P.M., Tun, W.N., Oo, K.M., and Wang, X., 2020. On the glacial-interglacial variability of speleothem-inferred Asian Monsoon over the past 180,000 years. (2020). On the glacial-interglacial variability of speleothem-inferred Asian Monsoon over the past 180,000 years. Science Advances, , eaay8189.
- Das, R., Wang, X., Itoh, M., Shiodera, S., and Kuwata, M. (2019). Estimation of metal emissions from tropical peatland burning in Indonesia by controlled laboratory experiments. Journal of Geophysical Research-Atmospheres, 124, 6583-6599.
- Chiang HW, Lu Y, Wang X, Lin K, Liu X. (2019). Optimizing MC-ICP-MS with SEM protocols for determination of U and Th isotope ratios and 230Th ages in carbonates. Quaternary Geochronology , 50, 75–90.
- Wang, X., Edwards, R.L., Auler, A.S., Cheng, H., Kong, X., Wang, Y., Cruz, F., Dorale, J.A., and Chiang, H.-W. (2017). Hydroclimate changes across the Amazon lowlands over the past 45,000 years. Nature, 541, 204-207.
- Cheng, H., Edwards, R.L., Sinha, A., Spötl, C., Yi, L., Chen, S., Kelly, M., Kathayat, G., Wang, X., Li, X., Kong, X., Wang, Y., Ning, Y., and Zhang, H. (2016). The Asian monsoon over the past 640,000 years and ice age terminations. Nature, 534, 640-646.