Dr Liu Yu is currently Associate Professor in the School of CEE. He received his Master and Ph.D. degrees from the Institut National des Sciences Appliquees-Toulouse, France. His research interests include biogranulation, biofilms and biological nutrient removal. Together with other three CEE colleagues, he received the Singapore National Technology Award in 2003, and he has published over 110 SCI-tracked journal papers and 5 books. He has been invited as a reviewer for about 40 internatinal journals including almost all top journals in the fields of environmental biotechnology and engineering.
Prof Liu Yu
Professor, School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Dr. Liu has about 20 years of experience in environmental biotechnology, and has the interests in biological nutrient removal, biogranulation and biofilm technology, molecular mechanism and cellular signaling of biogranulation, granular sludge membrane bioreactor, enhanced anaerobic process for low-strength organic wastewater treatment and integrated approach for water reclamation.
- Demonstration Of Integrated Used Water Reclamation Processes Towards Enhanced Energy Recovery And Minimised Sludge Production
- Pilot Demonstration Of Ultrafast Conversion Of Food Waste To Biofertiliser With Zero Solid Discharge
- School Research Funding Support to Associate Chairs, Assistant Chairs and Prog Directors
- Heliang Pang, Lin Li, Junguo He, Zhongsen Yan, Yingqun Ma, Jun Nan, Yu Liu. (2020). New insight into enhanced production of short-chain fatty acids from waste activated sludge by cation exchange resin-induced hydrolysis. Chemical Engineering Journal, 388, 124235.
- Pei Yen Tan, Marcos, Yu Liu. (2020). Modelling bacterial chemotaxis for indirectly binding attractants. Journal of Theoretical Biology, 487, 110120.
- Bin Ji, Lin Zhu, Siyu Wang, Hui Qin, Yingqun Ma, Yu Liu. (2020). A novel micro-ferrous dosing strategy for enhancing biological phosphorus removal from municipal wastewater. Science of the total environment, 704, 135453.
- Yingqun Ma, Yu Liu. (2019). Turning food waste to energy and resources towards a great environmental and economic sustainability: An innovative integrated biological approach. Biotechnology Advances, 37(7), 107414.
- Liu Y, Gu J, Zhang M. (2019). A-B Processes: Towards Energy Self-sufficient Municipal Wastewater Treatment. IWA Publishing.