Kwan Wee TAN is an assistant professor of materials science and engineering at Nanyang Technological University (NTU). He earned his Ph.D. from Cornell University, M.Eng. from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, M.S. from the National University of Singapore, and B.Eng. from Nanyang Technological University, all in materials science and engineering. He conducted his postdoctoral research at the Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology (2015–2017) and Cornell University (2014–2015).
Kwan Wee TAN is interested in the design and generation of self-assembled functional structured materials that are promising for both existing and emerging applications. His group is exploring new approaches by combining self-assembly and nonequilibrium processes to enable rapid scalable synthesis of novel material structures and combinations with control at the nanoscale. Such structured materials are promising for urban sustainability and environmental applications such as catalysis and carbon sequestration.
- Out Of Equilibrium Directed Self-Assembly Of Functional Composite Materials
- Project 5- Distribution Cable Insulation Health Assessment
- Self-Assembled Hierarchical Porus Materials for CO2 Capture and Separation
- Theory guided Accelerated Discovery of printable P-type transparent conductors
- 1) Mesoporous Titanium Oxynitride Monoliths from Block Copolymer-Directed Self-Assembly of Metal–Urea Additives. Langmuir 36, 10803–10810 (2020).
2) Block Copolymer Self-Assembly Directed Hierarchically Structured Materials from Nonequilibrium Transient Laser Heating. Macromolecules 52, 395–409 (2019).
3) Transient laser heating induced hierarchical porous structures from block copolymer–directed self-assembly. Science 349, 54–58 (2015).
4) Hierarchical porous polymer scaffolds from block copolymers. Science 341, 530–534 (2013).
5) Block copolymer self-assembly–directed single-crystal homo- and heteroepitaxial nanostructures. Science 330, 214–219 (2010).
Please view full publication list at: https://publons.com/researcher/1543866/kwan-w-tan/