- Controlled manipulation of nano and microparticles
- Development of novel additive manufacturing technologies for dense composites
- Investigation of densification methods in complex-shaped hierarchical matter
- Relationships microstructural design, composition and density, and macroscopic properties
- Multi-scale characterization methods.
- 3D printing of bio-inspired mechano-sensing skins for large structures
- 3D Printing of hierarchical composites
- Additive manufacturing of resilient, strong and functional composites through bio-inspired microstructures
- Assessing Crystallographic Information In Metals Via Optical Microscopy
- Sustainable Materials
- Urban BioCycles Mycelium Digitalisation
R. P. Behera, S. B. S. Muhammad, M. J. He, H. Le Ferrand. (2021). Porous textured ceramics with controlled grain size and orientation. Journal of the European Ceramic Society, .
P. Dee, H.Y. You, S.H. Teoh, H. Le Ferrand. (2020). Bioinspired approaches to toughen calcium phosphate-based ceramics for bonne repair. Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials, 112, 104078.
E. Soh, Z.Y. Chew, N. Saeidi, A. Javadian, D. Hebel, H. Le Ferrand. (2020). Development of an extrudable paste to build mycelium-bound composites. Materials and Design, 195, 109058.
H. Le Ferrand, F. Bouville. (2019). Processing of dense bio-inspired ceramics with deliberate microtexture. Journal of the American Ceramic Society, .
T. Magrini, F. Bouville, A. Lauria, H. Le Ferrand, T. Niebel, A.R. Studart. (2019). Transparent and tough bulk composites inspired by nacre. Nature Communications, 10, 2794.