Assistant Professor Mir Feroskhan graduated with First Class Honours in Aerospace Engineering from Nanyang Technological University (NTU) in 2011. He received a Ph.D. degree in Aerospace Engineering from Florida Institute of Technology in 2016, where he received an Outstanding Student of the Year Award from the Aerospace Department for his extensive work on the dynamics evaluation and control development for 3D aerial deceleration maneuvers. In 2017, he worked as a research fellow at the School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, NTU, researching on nonlinear control strategies for autonomous systems. Subsequently, in 2018, he continued his postdoctoral research by visiting Professor Dario Floreano’s Laboratory of Intelligent Systems in École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland, concentrating on UAV research and development, and developing an expertise in unconventional flight dynamics and control for UAV applications. In 2019, he returned to Singapore to join the faculty of the School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering at NTU.
Asst Prof Mir Feroskhan
Assistant Professor, School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
VTOL systems, UAV design and development, Flight dynamics and control, and Aerial robotics.
- Bird Inspired Flight Dynamics
- Deep-Reinforcement Learning Control Strategy for Autonomous Sideslip Perching Maneuver
- Learning-based Control of an Innovative UAV Analysed in a Specialized Testbed for Urban Air Mobility
- Ajanic E, Feroskhan M, Mintchev S, Noca F, Floreano D. (2020). Bioinspired wing and tail morphing extends drone flight capabilities. Science Robotics, .
- Kornatowski PM, Feroskhan M, Stewart WJ, Floreano D. (2020). Downside Up:Rethinking Parcel Position for Aerial Delivery. IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters, .
- Kornatowski PM, Feroskhan M, Stewart WJ, Floreano D. (2020). A Morphing Cargo Drone for Safe Flight in Proximity of Humans. IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters, .
- Huang, Y., Zhu, M., Zheng, Z. and Feroskhan, M. (2019). Fixed-time Autonomous Shipboard Landing Control of a Helicopter with External Disturbances. Aerospace Science and Technology, , 1-13.
- Feroskhan, M., Go, T. H. (2018). Performance of Sideslip Perching Maneuver with an Adaptive Gain Control Feature. Aerospace Science and Technology, 78, 648-660.