Academic Profile : Faculty
Gray Hodgkinson is a digital media animator, designer and researcher, with a specific interest in visual research methods and computer animation. Gray has been developing and leading animation education for 17 years, 14 of those at Massey University, New Zealand, and has been instrumental in creating links between tertiary institutes and industry in New Zealand and internationally. Gray has presented papers on animation research and pedagogy at Melbourne, Germany, the U.K., Canada, Japan, Taiwan, Singapore and South Korea.
In recent work, Gray has been exploring the inclusion of 3D virtual reality to animation. Animation and virtual reality share a common fundamental in that they both take place inside an artificially constructed world. This commonality provides a starting point to explore how narrative and direction is affected when virtual reality is employed.
- A Choice for Life - Education about Diabetes in a Fully Immersive Environment (VR)
- Beyond the Screen-Expanding Animation for VR, AR and Immersive Environments
- From Print to Digital Continued: Expanded Research into adapting Shakespeare for VR, AR and AI
- Research Into Interacting With Artificially Intelligent Beings Of The Future With particular Focus On Autonomous Vehicles In An Urban Setting
- Survey and Analysis of Pedagogical Awareness of Visual Plagiarism from Design Teachers and Academics