Poenar Daniel Puiu received the M.Sc. degree in electronics and telecommunications in 1989 from Polytechnic University, Bucharest, Romania. He received the Ph.D. degree from the Technical University Delft in 1996. He then joined the Institute of Microelectronics (IME) Singapore, as a Research Engineer until 1999. Since 2000 he has been an Assistant Professor with the Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE) School, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. His research interest are MEMS and micromachining and their application for the development of sensors and actuators, especially for (bio)chemical devices. Dr. Poenar is co-author of more than 70 papers published in journals and conferences proceedings.
Assoc Prof Poenar Daniel Puiu
Associate Professor, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Sensors & actuators; MEMS; Si processing; (Bio)chemical sensors; bio-photonics; colour discriminators (e.g. using triple junction structures); miniaturization of bio-analitical methods (e.g. spectrometry, electrophoresis, chromatography) for (Bio)chemical applications, as well as optical detection for these separation methods; bio-photonics & opto-fluidics
- Investigation of fundamental aspects for differentiation of airborne particulate matter in miniature MEMS devices
- D. P. Poenar, G. Yang, W. K. Wan and S. Feng, “Low-cost method and biochip for measuring the trans-epithelial electrical resistance (TEER) of esophageal epithelium,” Materials, vol.13, May 2020, Art no. 2354 (18 pp).
- C. Yang, G. Yang, Q. Ouyang, S. Kuang, P. Song, G. Xu, D.P. Poenar, G. Zhu, K.-T. Yong and Z.L. Wang, “Nanowire-array-based gene electro-transfection system driven by human-motion operated triboelectric nanogenerator,” Nano Energy, vol.64, Oct. 2019, Art no. 103901 (10 pp).
- D. P. Poenar, “Microfluidic and micromachined/MEMS devices for separation, discrimination and detection of airborne particles for pollution monitoring,” Micromachines, vol.10, no.7, Jul. 2019, Art no. 483 (34 pp).
- F. S. Iliescu, W.J. Sim, H. Heidari, D. P. Poenar, J. Miao, H. K. Taylor and C. Iliescu, "Highlighting the uniqueness in dielectrophoretic enrichment of circulating tumor cells," Electrophoresis, vol.40, no. 10, pp.1457–1477, May 2019.
- F. S. Iliescu, D.P. Poenar, F. Yu, M. Ni, K. H. Chan, I. Cima, H. K. Taylor, I. Cima and C. Iliescu, “Recent advances in microfluidic methods in cancer liquid biopsy,” Biomicrofluidics, vol.13, no.4, Jul. 23, 2019, Art no. 041503 (44 pp).
- Z. Ali, K. Ghosh, S. Aditya, and D. P. Poenar, "Fabrication of CNT-based planar micro-coils on silicon substrate," IEEE Trans. Nanotech., vol.18, no.1, pp.167-175, Jan. 2019.
- Z. A. S. Mohammed, D. P. Poenar and Sheel Aditya, “Fabrication of silicon embedded low resistance high aspect ratio planar copper microcoils,” Journal of Micro/Nanolithography, MEMS, and MOEMS, vol. 17, no. 1, 2018, Art no. 014501 (11 pp).
- Z. Ali, D. P. Poenar and Sheel Aditya, “Design of planar microcoil-based NMR probe ensuring high SNR,” AIP Advances, vol. 7, no. 9, 2017, Art no. 095107 (15 pp).
- Z. A. S. Mohammed, M. A. S. Olimpo, D. P. Poenar and S. Aditya, “Smoothening of scalloped DRIE trench walls,” Materials Science in Semiconductor Processing, vol. 63, pp. 83-89, 2017.
- S. B. N. Gourikutty, C.-P. Chang and D. P. Poenar, "An integrated on-chip platform for negative enrichment of tumour cells," J. Chromatography B, vol.1028, pp.153–164, Aug. 15, 2016.