Dr. Charles Yang Chun is currently an Associate Professor in the School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering. He has been with Nanyang Technological University since 1999. He obtained his B.Sc. degree from the Department of Thermal Engineering of Tsinghua University, his M.Sc. degree in Thermophysics from University of Science and Technology of China, and his Ph.D. degree in Mechanical Engineering from University of Alberta. He is the author and coauthor of more than 240 publications in referred international journals and conference proceedings. He has co-authored one text book entitled “Elementary Electrokinetic Flow”, and 8 book chapters. He also has four US patents in his name. He serves as a member of editorial advisory board for two international journals. He is a peer reviewer for more than 30 international journals and an external reviewer for the Research Grant Council of Hong Kong, Research Grant Council of Australia, and Dutch Technology Foundation.
His current research interests include Development and characterization of Lab-on-Chip devices, electrokinetic transport phenomena, microfluidics, microscale flow, heat and mass transfer, colloidal science, surface and interfacial phenomena etc.
- Improving microbubble-assisted sonothrombolysis efficiency and its real-time monitoring using combined ultrasound and photoacoustic imaging
- Inertial Microfluidics in Channels of Irregular Shapes
- Multi-mode Miniaturized Robots (MMR) for Microfluidic Applications with Thermal Features
- Towards field malaria diagnosis based on surface enhanced Raman spectroscopy in a low-cost fluidic chip
- Chun Yang
Yee Cheong Lam. (2008). Enhancement of Mixing in an Electrokinetically Driven Microfluidic T-Mixer Using Pulsating Electrical Field and Channel Geometry Effects. 2nd International Conference & Exhibition on Micro & Nanosystems Integration & Commercialization.
- DG Yan, C Yang, XY Huang. (2007). Effect of finite reservoir size on electroosmotic flow in microchannels. Microfluidics and Nanofluidics, 3(3), 333-340.
- DG Yan, C Yang, NT Nguyen, XY Huang. (2006). A method for simultaneously determining the zeta potentials of the channel surface and the tracer particles using microparticle image velocimetry technique. Electrophoresis, 27(3), 620-627.
- Kang Yue Jun, Yang Chun, Charles, Huang X.Y. (2005). Joule heating induced transient temperature field and its effects on electroosmotic flow in a microcapillary packed with microspheres. Langmuir, 21, 7598-7607.
- Yang Chun, Charles, T. Dabros, D. Li,, J. Czarnecki, J. H. Masliyah. (2003). Kinetics of Microbubble-Solid Surface Interaction and Attachment. AI Ch E Journal, 49(4), 1024-1037.