LG's research focuses on social informatics of knowledge, ranging from theory to design to implementation of digital information and knowledge practices. She collaborates actively with researchers in other disciplines on problems related to future workforce and sustainability informatics. She has used different, often mixed, research methods in these projects, including survey, interpretive case study, social network analysis, text mining, design science, and action research. As a principal investigator, she has received more than SG$1,300,000 in research funding from government agencies as well as industry partners. She serves on the editorial review board of top information science journals such as International Journal of Information Management and programme committee of conferences such as International Conference on Information Systems. LG has received several best paper awards and COVID-19 Learning Action Award by the Association of Information Systems (AIS).
See https://personal.ntu.edu.sg/peelg for the latest list of publications
- Challenge-Learn: Developing and Assessing an Andragogical Programme and System based on Co-Skilling to Enhance Employability and Learning
- CoSIC: Developing a Pedagogical Co-Skilling Framework and Recommender System for School-Industry-Community (SIC) Partnerships
- L. G. Pee, Shan L Pan, JY Wang, JJ Wu (2021) Designing for the Future in the Age of Pandemics: A Future-Ready Design Research (FRDR) Process, European Journal of Information Systems.
- Shan L Pan, M. Li, L. G. Pee, and M. S. Sandeep (2020) Sustainability Design Principles for a Wildlife Management Analytics System: An Action Design Research, European Journal of Information Systems.
- Shan L Pan and L. G. Pee (2020) Usable, In-Use, and Useful Research: A 3U Framework for Demonstrating Practice Impact, Information Systems Journal, 30 (2), pp. 403-426.
- L. G. Pee, Shan L Pan, M. Li (2020) Social Informatics of Information Value Co-creation: A Case Study of Xiaomi’s Online User Community, Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology, 71 (4), pp. 409-422.
- L. G. Pee, Shan L Pan, L. Cui (2019) Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare Robots: A Social Informatics Study of Knowledge Embodiment, Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology, 70 (4), pp. 351-369.