Dr Seah Hock Soon is a Professor and Director of the gameLAB at the School of Computer Engineering (SCE) at Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. He was the Dean (known as Chair from September 2006) of the School from June 2002 to Oct 2007. Concurrently, he had served as the Protem Chairman of the NTU School of Art, Design and Media from March 2003 to February 2005 to oversee the conceptualisation and development of the new art school.
Prof Seah Hock Soon has more than 20 years experience in Computer Graphics and Imaging research. His current research areas are in geometric modeling, image sequence analysis with applications to digital film effects, automatic in-between frame generation from hand-drawn sketches, augmented reality, and advanced medical visualization.
- Beyond the Screen-Expanding Animation for VR, AR and Immersive Environments
- From Print to Digital Continued: Expanded Research into adapting Shakespeare for VR, AR and AI
- Incorporating Calligraphic Simplification In 3D Animation Space - A Chinese Calligraphic Concept For 3D Compositional Dynamics
- Mobile Gamification Strategies To Manage Online Emergence Of Nativism
- Stroke Modeling and Rendering with eXpressive B-Spline Curves
- Transforming Singaporean Wayang Kulit for Virtual Reality
- J Yu, DQ Liu, DC Tao, HS Seah. (2012). On Combining Multiple Features for Cartoon Character Retrieval and Clip Synthesis. IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, 42(5), 1413-1427.
- J Liu, D Liu, J Dauwels, HS Seah. (2015). 3D Human Motion Tracking by Exemplar-Based Conditional Particle Filter. Signal Processing, 110, 164-177.
- H Wang, Q Kemao, HS Seah. (2015). Valid Point Detection in Fringe Projection Profilometry. Optics Express, 23(6), 7535-7549.
- Xu X, Seah H S and Quah C K. (2013). Animated 3D Line Drawings with Temporal Coherence. Computer Graphics Forum, 32(7), 285-294.
- Zhang Z, Seah H S, Quah C K and Sun J. (2013). GPU-accelerated Real-time Tracking of Full-body Motion with Multi-layer Search. IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, 15(1), 106-119.