Leong Kah Fai is an associate professor in the School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Nanyang Technological University. He obtained his B.Eng. (Mech.) with Honours from the National University of Singapore in 1981 and M.Sc. degrees in Engineering Product Design and Mechanical Engineering, from Stanford University in 1987. Prior to joining NTU, he has worked several years as a product development engineer and designer in the Singapore electronics industries. He was awarded the Merit Award in 1994 and Distinguished Award in 1997 for his contributions to the national standardisation program. He has co-authored five books, published several book chapters and more than 200 papers in international journals, conferences, and seminars with a H-index of 41 (SCI) and 9,450 citations (SCI) in these areas. He has been invited as keynote speaker for a number of premier conferences and has acted as reviewers for several journals, including Trends in Biotechnology, Biomaterials, International Journal of Product Development, etc. He is also the winner of the Emerald Highly Commended Award in Emerald Literati Network Awards for Excellence 2007 for his paper in Rapid Prototyping Journal,
Assoc Prof Leong Kah Fai
Associate Professor, School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
His principal areas of research interests are in sports engineering, polymer matrix composites, additive manufacturing and their applications in biomedical applications, including tissue engineering, sports, product design and development science and design education.
- Effects of Customized Insoles on Biomechanics during Walking in Military Boots
- SIMTech-NTU Collaborative Joint Laboratory (3D Additive Manufacturing)
- SMG Innovation Centre@ISR
- Bhudolia, S.K., Gohel, G., Leong K.F., Impact performance of innovative corrugated polystyrene foam for bicycle helmets, Journal of Cellular Plastics, online: October 2020 DOI: 10.1177/0021955X20965215
- Bhudolia, S.K., Gohel, G., Leong K.F., Enhanced energy absorption characteristics of novel integrated hybrid honeycomb/polystyrene foam, Journal of Cellular Plastics, online: October 2020 https://doi.org/10.1177/0021955X20965216
- Bhudolia, S.K., Gohel, G., Leong K.F., Sunil, J., Damping, impact and flexural performance of novel carbon/Elium® thermoplastic tubular composites, Composites Part B: Engineering, Volume 203, Article Number: 108480, DOI: 10.1016/j.compositesb.2020.108480.
- Teng P.S.P., Leong K.F., Phua Y.X.P., Kong P.W., An exploratory study of the use of ultrasound in the measurement of anterior tibial translation under gastrocnemius muscle stimulation, Research in Sports Medicine, 2020 DOI: 10.1080/15438627.2020.1840378
- Lu B., Zhu W.P., Weng Y.W., Liu Z.X., Yang E.H., Leong K.F., Tan M.J., Wong T.N., Qian S.Z., Study of MgO-activated slag as a cementless materials for sustainable spray-based 3D printing, Journal of Cleaner Production, Vol. 258, 10 June 2020, 120671, https://doi.org/10.1016/ j.jclepro.2020.120671