Dr.Sumod A.Pullarkat received his PhD from the National University of Singapore (NUS). He joined NTU as a Lecturer in May 2005. He has been the recipient of four SPMS Teaching Excellence Awards, three Nanyang Teaching Awards, Koh Boon Hwee award for inspirational mentorship and the JSPS Fellowship. He has also been featured in the SPMS Honor Roll for Teaching Excellence. Dr.Sumod`s research interests lie in the field of development of new synthetic methodologies for organometallic compounds with special emphasis on development of new catalytic protocols using metallacycles and the biological applications of organometallic compounds. He has authored/co-authored more than 100 international refereed publications from NTU and has an h-index of 25.
Dr Sumod Pullarkat
Senior Lecturer, School of Physical & Mathematical Sciences - Division of Chemistry & Biological Chemistry
Assistant Chair (Academic), School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences (SPMS)
Deputy Head for Division of Chemistry and Biological Chemistry, School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences (SPMS)
My research interests encompasses the synthesis and applications (catalytic and medicinal) of Chiral Organophosphorous and Organoarsenic Compounds. Work is also proceeding in the field of Asymmetric Ligand Transformation Reactions especially heterofunctionalization reactions such as hydrophosphination reactions. We are also exploring the biological activity of some of these organometallic compounds.
- A Kinetic Resolution Based Protocol For The Enantioselective Synthesis Of Phosphines Incorporating Both Axial And Central Chiral Elements And Their Application In Chemotherapy And Catalysis
- G.Subramanian, A. Sadeer, K. Mukherjee, T. Kojima, P. Tripathi, R. Naidu, S. W. Tay, J. H. Pang, S.A. Pullarkat* and R. Chandramohandas*. (2019). Evaluation of ferrocenyl phosphines as potent antimalarials targeting the digestive vacuole function of Plasmodium falciparum. Dalton Transactions, 48(3), 1108-1117.
- N.K.Verma*, A.Sadeer, A.Kezhakeyil, J. H. Pang, Q.Y.A.Chiu, S.W.Tay, P.Kumar and S.A.Pullarkat*. (2018). Screening of Ferrocenyl-Phosphines Identifies a Gold-Coordinated Derivative as a novel anticancer agent for Hematological Malignancies. RSC Advances, 8, 28960-28968.
- Sumod A. Pullarkat. (2016). Recent Progress in Palladium Catalyzed Hydroposphination. Synthesis-Stuttgart, 48(04), 493-503.
- J.H.Gan, A. Sadeer, J.S. Ng, Y.Lu and S.A. Pullarkat*. (2015). Kinetic Resolution of Racemic 5-Alkylcyclohexanones via Pd(II)-Catalyzed 1,4-Additions of Arylboronic Acids - Access to trans 3-Alkyl-5-Arylcyclohexanones. Organic Chemistry Frontiers, 2, 1059.
- J.Wong, J.H. Gan, H.J. Chen and S.A. Pullarkat*. (2014). Evaluation of Palladacycles as a Non-Rhodium Alternative for the Asymmetric Conjugate 1,4-Addition of Aryl Boronic Acids to alpha,beta-Unsaturated Enones. Advanced Synthesis and Catalysis, 16, 3391.