Assoc Prof Chew is currently in the School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences since 2005. He received his Bachelor degree with honors in Electrical Engineering from the National University of Singapore, Master of Science in Electrical Engineering from the University of Southern California in the U.S.A and Ph.D. degrees in Theoretical Physics from the National University of Singapore respectively. His research interests include nonlinear dynamics and chaos, and the physics of complex systems. Dr. Chew is a member of the American Physical Society.
Dr Chew research interest is to investigate and uncover the fundamental physical mechanisms and organization principles of complex systems. He explores and elucidates the underlying behaviour and dynamics of these systems through theoretical modelling based on statistical and nonlinear physics. His current research focus is on the topic of: quantum complexity; quantum chaos and entanglement; statistical physics of protein aggregation; critical phenomena in social and coupled social-ecological systems; complexity measure and characterization of complex systems.
- Co-evolutionary Reinforcement Learning for Multi-AgentSystems
- Deciphering the Spatial Morphology and Relationship of Firms from Different Industries
- From Https to HttpQ: Envisioning Ethics, Security and Trust in a World with Quantum Computers. (Q is for Quantum)
- Monitoring and Forecasting of Land-Height Change, Coastline Retreat and Coastal Flooding around Southeast Asia using Geodesy and Remote Sensing
- V.-L. Saw, L. Vismara and L. Y. Chew, Intelligent buses in a loop service: emergence of no-boarding and holding strategies, Complexity, 2020, 7274254 (2020).
- N. N. Chung, L. Y. Chew, W. Chen, R. M. D'Souza and C. H. Lai, Susceptible individuals drive active social contagion, Physical Review Research, 1, 033125 (2019).
- A. Pradana and L. Y. Chew, Quantum interference of multi-photon at beam splitter with application in measurement-device-independent quantum key distribution, New Journal of Physics, 21, 053027 (2019).
- J. S. Lansing, S. Thurner, N. N. Chung, A. Coudurier-Curveur, C. Karakas, K. A. Fesenmyer and L. Y. Chew, Adaptive self-organization of Bali's ancient rice terraces, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 114, 6504-6509 (2017).
- H. S. Sugiarto, J. S. Lansing, N. N. Chung, C. H. Lai, S. A. Cheong and L. Y. Chew, Social cooperation and disharmony in communities mediated through common pool resource exploitation, Physical Review Letters, 118, 208301 (2017).