Dr. Changjin Huang joined Nanyang Technological University (NTU) in September 2018 as an Assistant Professor. He received his B.ENG. degree in Thermal Science and Energy Engineering from University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) in 2008, and then Ph.D. degree in Engineering Science and Mechanics from Pennsylvania State University in 2014. Before joining NTU, he worked as a Postdoctoral Fellow in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Northwestern University from 2014-2015, and then as a Postdoctoral Research Associate in the Department of Biomedical Engineering at Carnegie Mellon University (CMU) from 2016-2018. Dr. Huang’s research interests generally lie at the intersection of mechanics, materials, engineering and biology. His central research focus is to provide mechanistic understanding of the underlying principles that control the mechanical properties and stress state of biological materials and biomaterials, and how changes in mechanical properties and stress state affect their functions.
1. Mechanics of Materials and Structures
2. Additive manufacturing
- Digital Single Cell Printing (HP)
- Digital Single Cell Printing (IAF-ICP)
- Digital Single Cell Printing (NTU)
- Exosome Laser Biochip: Nanolasers for Multiplexed Cancer Analysis
- Integrated Experimental-Computational Study of Intracellular Stress Fiber Organization
- Mechanical Properties and Behavior of Cells under Normal and Pathological Three-Dimensional (3D) Culture Conditions
- Towards a green future: improving urban farming under tropical weather conditions, for locally-grown vegetables of high quality
A.M. Esfahani, J. Rosenbohm, B.T. Safa, N.V. Lavrik†, G. Minnick, Q. Zhou, F. Kong, X. Jin, E. Kim, Y. Liu, Y. Lu, J.Y. Lim, J.K. Wahl III, M. Dao†, C. Huang† and R. Yang† (2021). Characterization of the Strain Rate-Dependent Mechanical Response of Single Cell-Cell Junctions, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 118 (7): e2019347118.
A. Kalmykov, C. Huang, J. Bliley, D. Shiwarski, J. Tashman, A. Abdullah, S. Rastogi, E. Mataev, A. W. Feinberg, K. J. Hsia and T. Cohen-Karni. (2019). Organ-on-e-chip: Three-dimensional self-rolled biosensor array for electrical interrogations of human electrogenic spheroids, Science Advances 5: eaax0729, 2019.
C. Huang, Z. Wang, D. Quinn, S. Suresh and K. J. Hsia. (2018). Differential Growth and Shape Formation in Plant Organs, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 115: 12359-12364.
C Huang, D Quinn, S Suresh and KJ Hsia. (2018). Controlled molecular self-assembly of complex three-dimensional structures in soft materials. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 115(1), 70-74.
- C. Huang, T. Ozdemir, L. Xu, P. J. Butler, C. Siedlecki, J. Brown and S. Zhang (2016). The role of substrate topography on the cellular uptake of nanoparticles, Journal of Biomedical Materials Research: Part B – Applied Biomaterials 104B: 488-495.