Assoc Prof Lim has been in the Business School since 2005. He received his Bachelor degree in Psychology from the University of Nottingham, Master and Ph.D. degrees from the University of Maryland. His research interests include team effectiveness, social network, decision making and leadership. Dr Lim has published in top quality journals such as Journal of Applied Psychology, Academy of Management Journal, Organizational Research Methods and Personnel Psychology. He is currently on the editorial board for International Public Management Journal. Dr. Lim is a member of APA, SPS and SIOP.
Assoc Prof Lim Beng Chong
Associate Professor, College of Business (Nanyang Business School) - Division of Leadership, Management & Organisation
Team effectiveness, team composition, leadership, multilevel issues, decision making, social network, sensemaking
- P1: Wellness: The Intersection Between Positive Psychology And The Spa Industry P2: Team Effectiveness, Leadership And Social Network Methodology
- Raver J, Ehrhart M. & Lim B.C. (2013, August). Difficult team members: implications for trust, conflicts, effectiveness and leadership.. Paper presented at Academy of Management Meeting, Orlando USA.
- Ehrhart M, RaverJ, & Lim B.C. (2013, April). To whom do team members go for help? A multilevel investigation of sources of advice in teams. Paper presented at Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Houston USA.
- Gelfand MJ, Raver JL, Nishii L, Leslie LM, Lun J, Lim BC, Duan L, Almaliach A, Ang S, Arnadottir J, Aycan Z, Boehnke K, Boski P, Cabecinhas R, Chan D, Chhokar J, D’Amato A, Ferrer M, Fischlmayr IC, Fischer R, Fülöp M, Georgas J, Kashima ES, Kashima Y, Kim K, Lempereur A, Marquez P, Othman R, Overlaet B, Panagiotopoulou P, Peltzer K, Perez-Florizno LR, Ponomarenko L, Realo A, Schei V, Schmitt M, Smith PB, Soomro N, Szabo E, Taveesin N, Toyama M, Van de Vliert E, Vohra N, Ward C, Yamaguchi S. (2011). Differences between tight and loose cultures: A 33-nation study. Science, 332, 1100-1104.
- K.J. Klein, A.P. Knight, J. Ziegert, B.C. Lim, & J. Saltz. (2011). When team members' values differ: The moderating effects of team leadership. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 114(1), 25-36.
- Lim Beng Chong, Katherine J Klein. (2006). Team Mental Models and Team Performance: A Field Study of the Effects of Team Mental Model Similarity and Accuracy. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 27(4), 403-418.