Dr. SUN Aixin is an Associate Professor and Assistant Chair (Admissions and Outreach) with School of Computer Science and Engineering (SCSE), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. He received B.A.Sc (First class honours) and Ph.D. in 2001 and 2004 respectively, both in Computer Engineering from NTU. He was a Postdoc Fellow with School of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) at The University of New South Wales (UNSW), Sydney, Australia. Many of his papers appear in major international conferences including SIGIR, CIKM, KDD, WSDM, ACM Multimedia, and journals like DMKD, TKDE, and JASIST. Aixin has been a PC member of many major conferences such as SIGIR, KDD, WWW, CIKM, ACM Multimedia, WSDM, and reviewer for journals and many IEEE/ACM transactions. He is a member of ACM.
Information Retrieval; Text/Web Mining; Social Computing; Multimedia
- Geography of Fake News: Misinformation Spreading and Implication for Capital Markets
- K-EMERGE: Knowledge Extraction, Modelling, and Explainable Reasoning for General Expertise
- Vaccine communication and messaging: Addressing COVID- 19 vaccine hesitancy and promoting population acceptance
- Zongcheng Ji, Aixin Sun, Gao Cong, and Jialong Han. (2016). Joint Recognition and Linking of Fine-Grained Locations from Tweets. WWW 2016.
- Longke Hu, Aixin Sun, Yong Liu. (2014). Your Neighbors Affect Your Ratings: On Geographical Neighborhood Influence to Rating Prediction. 37th Annual ACM SIGIR Conference.
- Zongyang Ma, Aixin Sun, Gao Cong. (2013). On Predicting Popularity of Newly Emerging Hashtags in Twitter. American Society for Information Science and Technology. Journal, .
- Aixin Sun, Sourav S. Bhowmick. (2010). Quantifying Tag Representativeness of Visual Content of Social Images. ACM Multimedia.
- Aixin Sun, Ee-Peng Lim, Ying Liu. (2009). On Strategies for Imbalanced Text Classification Using SVM: A Comparative Study. Decision Support Systems, 48(1), 191-201.