Dr. Soci received his Laurea and Ph.D. degrees in Physics from the University of Pavia in 2000 and 2005, respectively. He was a postdoctoral researcher from 2005 to 2006 at the Center for Polymers and Organic Solids of the University of California, Santa Barbara, and from 2006 to 2009 at the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department of the University of California, San Diego. He joined the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) in 2009, where he holds a joint appointment between the Schools of Physical and Mathematical Sciences and Electrical and Electronic Engineering. At NTU he leads the Optical Spectroscopy of Nanomaterials laboratory, co-directs the Centre for Disruptive Photonic Technologies, and currently serves as the Associate Dean (Research Programmes) of the Graduate College. He is a Fellow of the IPS, the OSA, and the SPIE.
Our research embraces several key areas of nanoelectronics and nanophotonics, including organic semiconductors and plasmonic materials, as well as new ideas on specialty optical fibers and “cognitive photonic networks”. We are particularly interested in fundamental properties of materials emerging from small dimensionality, large interface area, hybridization and artificial nanostructuring.
- Bioinspired Adaptive Camouflage: A Synergistic Synthetic Biology and Bioelectronics Approach
- Enabling Nanophotonic X-ray Free Electron Lasers Based on Novel Electronpolariton Physics
- Nanoantenna Spatial Light Modulators for Next-Gen Display Technologies (NSLM)
- Novel Non-Hermitian Physics in a Synthetic Optical Lattice
- Probing the Biotic/Abiotic Interface of Living Cells on Metasurfaces
- Quantum And Topological Nanophotonics
- Research Grant
- Superconducting Nanowire Single Photon Detectors
- X. Sun, G. Adamo, M. Eginligil, H.N.S. Krishnamoorthy, N.I. Zheludev, C. Soci. (2021). Topological insulator metamaterial with giant circular photogalvanic effect. Science Advances, 7, eabe5748.
- W.P.D. Wong, J. Yin, B. Chaudhary, X.-Y. Chin, D. Cortecchia, S-Z.A. Lo, A.C. Grimsdale, G. Lanzani, C. Soci. (2020). Large polaron self-trapped states in three-dimensional metal-halide perovskites. ACS Materials Letters, 2, 20.
- H.N.S. Krishnamoorthy, G. Adamo, J. Yin, V. Savinov, N.I. Zheludev, C. Soci. (2020). Infrared dielectric metamaterials from high refractive index chalcogenides. Nature Communications, 11, 1692.
- D. Cortecchia, J. Yin, A. Bruno, S.-Z. A. Lo, G.G. Gurzadyan, S. Mhaisalkar, J.L. Bredas, C. Soci. (2017). Polaron self-localization in white-light emitting hybrid perovskites. Journal of Materials Chemistry C, 5, 2771.
- J. Yin, H.N.S. Krishnamoorthy, G. Adamo, A.M. Dubrovkin, Y.D. Chong, N.I. Zheludev, C. Soci. (2017). Plasmonics of topological insulators at optical frequencies. NPG Asia Materials, 9, e425.
- B. Gholipour, G. Adamo, D. Cortecchia, H.N.S. Krishnamoorthy, M.D. Birowosuto, N.I. Zheludev, C. Soci. (2017). Organometallic perovskite metasurfaces. Advanced Materials, 29, 1604268.
- M.D. Birowosuto, D. Cortecchia, W. Drozdowski, K. Brylew, W. Lachmanski, A. Bruno, C. Soci. (2016). X-ray scintillation in lead halide perovskite crystals. Scientific Reports, 6, 37254.
- X.Y. Chin, D. Cortecchia, J. Yin, A. Bruno, C. Soci. (2015). Lead iodide perovskite light-emitting transistor. Nature Communications, 6, 7636.