Dr. Soci received his Laurea and Ph.D. degrees in Physics from the University of Pavia in 2000 and 2005, respectively. He was a postdoctoral researcher from 2005 to 2006 at the Center for Polymers and Organic Solids of the University of California, Santa Barbara, and from 2006 to 2009 at the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department of the University of California, San Diego. He joined the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) in 2009, where he holds a joint appointment between the Schools of Physical and Mathematical Sciences and Electrical and Electronic Engineering. He is currently the Program Chair (Sustainable Earth) of NTU’s Interdisciplinary Graduate School and the Deputy Director of the Centre for Disruptive Photonic Technologies (CDPT).
Our research embraces several key areas of nanoelectronics and nanophotonics, including organic semiconductors and plasmonic materials, as well as new ideas on specialty optical fibers and “cognitive photonic networks”. We are particularly interested in fundamental properties of materials emerging from small dimensionality, large interface area, hybridization and artificial nanostructuring.
- Application of Machine Learning to Complex Photonics
- Enabling Nanophotonic X-ray Free Electron Lasers Based on Novel Electronpolariton Physics
- Nanoantenna Spatial Light Modulators for Next-Gen Display Technologies (NSLM)
- Novel Non-Hermitian Physics in a Synthetic Optical Lattice
- Perovskite Optoelectronics : Multidimensional Perovskites For High Performance Solution-Processed Light-Emitting Devices
- Probing the Biotic/Abiotic Interface of Living Cells on Metasurfaces
- Quantum And Topological Nanophotonics
- Research Grant
- Superconducting Nanowire Single Photon Detectors
- D. Cortecchia, K.C. Lew, J.K. So, A. Bruno, C. Soci. (2017). Cathodoluminescence of Self-Organized Heterogeneous Phases in Multidimensional Perovskite Thin Films. Chemistry of Materials, 29, 10088-10094.
- J. Yin, H.N.S. Krishnamoorthy, G. Adamo, A.M. Dubrovkin, Y.D. Chong, N.I. Zheludev, C. Soci. (2017). Plasmonics of topological insulators at optical frequencies. NPG Asia Materials, 9, e425.
- B. Gholipour, G. Adamo, D. Cortecchia, H.N.S. Krishnamoorthy, M.D. Birowosuto, N.I. Zheludev, C. Soci. (2017). Organometallic perovskite metasurfaces. Advanced Materials, 29, 1604268.
- Z. Wang, J. Zhao, B. Frank, Q.Ran, G. Adamo, H. Giessen, C. Soci. (2015). Plasmon-Polaron Coupling in Conjugated Polymer on Infrared Nanoantennas. Nano Letters, 15, 5382.
- X.Y. Chin, D. Cortecchia, J. Yin, A. Bruno, C. Soci. (2015). Lead iodide perovskite light-emitting transistor. Nature Communications, 6, 7636.