Prof Lim is currently in the School of Civil and Environmental Engineering. He received both his Bachelor and PhD degrees in Civil Enginneing from the University of Liverpool. His research interests include fluvial hydraulics and water resources engineering, focus mainly in sediment transport and scouring phenomena. He has published over 68 papers in refeeed journals and international conferences. He has often been invited as a reviewer of the Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, ASCE, Journal of Hydro-environmental Research and Journal of Hydraulic Research.
Assoc Prof Lim Siow Yong
Associate Professor, School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Fluvial and open channel Hydraulics, sediment transport and scouring phenomena.
- Yang SQ., Tan S. K., Lim S. Y., Zhang S. F. (2006). Velocity distribution in combined wave-current flows. Advances in Water Resources, 29(8), 1196-1208.
- Tan, S.K., Yang Shuqing, Lim, S.Y. (2004). Velocity Distribution and Dip Phenomena in Smooth and Straight Open Channel Flow. Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, 130(12), 1179-1186.
- Tan, S.K., Yang Shuqing, Lim, S.Y. (2004). Velocity and sediment concentration profiles in sediment- laden flows. China Ocean Engineering, 18(2), 229-244.
- Tan, S.K., Yu Guo Liang, Lim, S.Y. (2002). Flow and Scouring in Main Channel due to Abutments. First International Conference on Scour of Foundations November 17-20, 2002, (pp. 785-794).
- Lim, S.Y.(1999). Chapter 6: "Bed Form Movement. "Mechanics of Sediment Transport" by Chien, N. and Wan Z..