Prof Chong is currently in the Division of Information Engineering in the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering since 1990. He received the BEng (Hon) degree in Electrical Engineering from the National University of Singapore in 1986 and the MS degree in Computer Engineering from the University of Southern California in 1993. Before joining NTU, he worked in Fairchild (S) Pte Ltd and Origen International Pte Ltd from 1986 to 1990 as Senior System Development Engineer and Product Development Engineer. His research interests include Parallel and Distributed Multiprocessor Systems, Adaptive and Active Noise Control, and DSP-based Audio and Image Processing. He has done significant research work in his research areas and published top quality international conference and journal papers. Prof Chong is a member of IEEE.
Assoc Prof Chong Yong Kim
Associate Professor, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Prof Chong's areas of expertise are Parallel and Distributed Multiprocessor Systems, Adaptive and Active Noise Control, and DSP-based Audio and Image Processing. His current research works involves Perceptual Subband DCT JPEG Image Coding System, DSP-Based Digital Media Processing and Integrated Headsets using the Adaptive Hybrid Active Noise Control System.
- T W Wang, W.S.Gan, Y K Chong. (2012, December). Psychoacoustic Active Noise Control System with Auditory Masking. Paper presented at in Proc. ASIPA Annual Summit and Conference 2012, Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA.
- T. W. Wang, W.S.Gan, Y.K. Chong. (2012, March). Psychoacoustic Hybrid Active Noise Control System. Paper presented at in Proc. IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing (ICASSP 2012), Kyoto, Japan.
- Chuang Shi, Woon-Seng Gan, and Yong-Kim Chong. (2011, December). Calibration of parametric acoustic array. Paper presented at The 8th International Conference on Information, Communications and Signal Processing, Singapore.
- Reuben Johannes, Jia-Wei Beh, Woon-Seng Gan, Ee-Leng Tan, and Yong-Kim Chong. (2010, May). Investigation of 3D Audio Rendering with Parametric Array Loudspeakers. Paper presented at AES 128th Convention, London.
- Dinh-Quy Nguyen, Xuexin Yap, Woon-Seng Gan and Yong-Kim Chong. (2008). Selective focusing with numerical technique of time reversal operator decomposition. 5th IEEE Sensor Array and Multichannel Signal Processing Workshop, Damdstadt, Germany (pp. 221-224).