Prof. Huai Zhang received his B.A. from Peking University and Ph.D. from Columbia University. He has published in the following Financial Times Top-50 journals: Journal of Accounting and Economics, Journal of Accounting Research, Journal of Finance, Management Science, Contemporary Accounting Research, and Review of Accounting Studies. He is devoted to mentoring young talent, and the majority of his publications are coauthored with his doctoral students. He received the Best Paper Award at the 2004 International Finance Conference and the 2016 Midwest Finance Association Meeting. He was also the recipient of Nanyang Business School Research Excellence Award in 2011, 2013 and 2019. He is the President of CAPANA (Chinese Accounting Professors' Association of North America), and the keynote speaker at several accounting research conferences. He sits on the editorial board of several academic journals, including Contemporary Accounting Research, Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, China Accounting and Finance Review, the International Journal of Accounting and Review of Accounting and Finance.
Market anomalies, financial analysts, and corporate disclosures.
- Employee board representation and accounting conservatism
- Financial Reporting Frequency And Corporate Innovation
- Financial reporting frequency and voluntary disclosure
- Do Truc, Huai Zhang, Luo Zuo. (2021) Rocking the Boat: How Relative Performance Evaluation Affects Corporate Risk Taking. Journal of Accounting and Economics , forthcoming.
- Do Truc, Huai Zhang. (2020). Peer Effects Among Financial Analysts. Contemporary Accounting Research, 37(1), 358-391.
- Xianjie He, Huifang Yin, Yachang Zeng, Huai Zhang, Hailong Zhao. (2019). Facial Structure and Achievement Drive: Evidence from Financial Analysts. Journal of Accounting Research, 57 (4), 1013-1057.
- Huasheng Gao, H. Zhang, Jin Zhang. (2018). “Employee Turnover Likelihood and Earnings Management: Evidence from the Inevitable Disclosure Doctrine. Review of Accounting Studies, 23 (4), 1427-1470.