Dr Ting is currently in the School of Civil and Environmental Engineering since 1996. He received his Bachelor degree with First Class Honors in Civil Engineering from Monash University, Master in Engineering from National University of Singapore, Master of Science in Civil Engineering and Doctor of Science in Structural Engineering from Massachusetts Institute of Technology. His research interests include construction technology and construction management. He has done significant research work and published over 80 top quality international conference and journal papers. He has been often invited as a reviewer for a number of premier conferences and journals. He is the Chairman of the Sustainable Construction R&D Taskforce under A*Star’s Science and Engineering Research Council (SERC). He is a member of numerous public committees, e.g., the Building & Construction Authority Construction Excellence Awards Committee, the Workplace Safety & Health (Construction & Landscaping) Committee and the Workplace Safety and Health (Competency, Education and Training) Committee, Ministry of Manpower. He is Chairman of the Marina Bay Safety Coordination Sub-committee under the Workplace Safety and Health (Construction & Landscaping) Committee of the Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) Council. He is Chairman of the Committee of Impartiality, Singapore Construction Safety & Consultancy Pte Ltd (SC2). He is a member of the Technical Committee on Construction Management, SPRING Singapore. Dr Ting is a registered Profession Engineer (Singapore) since 1995. He has been involved in numerous consultancy and expert witness as well.
Prof Ting Seng Kiong
Professor, School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Dr Ting 's area of expertise are in civil and structural engineering. His current research works focus on construction technology, e.g., recycling of concrete, and issues related to the construction industry, e.g., demolition and recycling of construction waste.
- Monetary Academic Resources for Research
- Orchestration of Microlearning to Support Singapore's Workforce in their Lifelong Learning Journey: Learner, Design and Performance
- Uberising Health Coaching Addressing the Increasing Demand for Just-In-Time, Bite-Sized and Affordable Health Coaching for Older Adults
- Yuan, Z., Tan, K.H., Ting, S.K. (2011). Testing of composite steel top-and-seat-and-web angle joints at ambient and elevated temperatures, Part 1: Ambient tests. Engineering Structures, 33(10), 2727-2743.
- Yuan, Z., Tan, K.H., Ting, S.K. (2011). Testing of composite steel top-and-seat-and-web angle joints at ambient and elevated temperatures: Part 2 - Elevated-temperature tests. Engineering Structures, 33(7), 2093-2109.
- Wong, SF; Ting, SK. (2009). Use of Recycled Rubber Tires in Normal- and High-Strength Concretes. ACI Materials Journal, 106(4), 325-332.
- Yuan Z., Tan K.H. and Ting S.K. (2008). Behaviour and mechanical modelling of composite top-and-seat and web angle joints at ambient and elevated termperatures. Structures in Fire 2008 (pp. 158-171).
- Vimonsatit, V., Tan, K.H., Ting, S.K. (2007). Shear Strength of Plate Girder Web Panel at Elevated Temperature. Journal of Constructional Steel Research, 63(11), 1442-1451.