Dr K Radhakrishnan is an Associate Professor in the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. He was the Principal Investigator for several major research projects related to the epitaxial growth of III-V Compound Semiconductors, devices and circuits over the years, primarily using arsenide and phosphide based material systems. His current research interests include MBE/MOCVD thin film growth and characterization of III-nitrides for various applications such as high power RF devices, UV detectors and gas sensors. His other research interests include synthesis and fabrication of oxide based thin film solar cells. He has authored and co-authored more than 200 international journal and conference papers and delivered invited talks at several international conferences. In 2007, he was one of the recipients of the prestigious Singapore’s Defense Technology Prize for his technological contributions in MMIC (microwave monolithic integrated circuits) R & D.
Assoc Prof K Radhakrishnan
Associate Professor, School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Epitaxial growth and characterization of compound semiconductor materials including III-Nitrides. Development of advanced structures for gas sensing, biosensing and optical detectors and emitters. Device fabrication and characterization for various electronic and photonics applications.
- N-polar GaN HEMT hetero-structure on SiC for high frequency & high power (15.02.2020 - 14.02.2021)
- Planar THz GaN Gunn Nanodiodes Based Emitter/Receiver For Ultra High Speed Communications (GaNGUN)
- Project GaN-on-DIAMOND EPITAXY
- S Masudy-Panah, K Radhakrishnan, TH Ru, R Yi, TI Wong, GK Dalapati. (2016). In situ codoping of a CuO absorber layer with aluminum and titanium: the impact of codoping and interface engineering on the performance of a CuO-based heterojunction solar cell. Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, 49(37), 375601.
- L Ravikiran, K Radhakrishnan, N Dharmarasu, M Agrawal, Zilong Wang, Annalisa Bruno, Cesare Soci, Tng Lihuang, Ang Kian Siong. (2016). Responsivity drop due to conductance modulation in GaN metal-semiconductor-metal Schottky based UV photodetectors on Si (111). Semiconductor Science and Technology, 31(9), 095003.
- L. Ravikiran, K. Radhakrishnan, S. Munawar Basha, N. Dharmarasu, M. Agrawal, C. M. Manoj kumar, S. Arulkumaran and G. I. Ng. (2015). Study on GaN buffer leakage current in AlGaN/GaN high electron mobility transistor structures grown by ammonia-molecular beam epitaxy on 100-mm Si(111). Journal of Applied Physics, 117(24), 245305.
- M. Agrawal, K Radhakrishnan, N. Dharmarasu, and S. S. Pramana. (2015). Effect of III/V ratio on the polarity of AlN and GaN layers grown in the metal rich growth regime on Si (111) by plasma assisted molecular beam epitaxy. Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, 54(6), 065701.
- L.Ravikiran, N. Dharmarasu, K. Radhakrishnan, M.Agrawal, Lin Yiding, S.Arulkumaran, S. Vicknesh and G.I. Ng. (2015). Growth and characterization of AlGaN/GaN/AlGaN double-heterostructure high-electron-mobility transistors on 100-mm Si(111) using ammonia-MBE.. Journal of Applied Physics, 117(2), 025301.