Hung D. Nguyen received his Ph.D. degree in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in 2017. He joined Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, as an assistant professor of Electrical and Electronic Engineering in 2018. He is a Siebel Scholar class of 2017 on Energy Science. He worked on a number of joint projects supported by NSF and DOE and in collaboration with ISO New England, LANL, and PNNL.
Complex systems, nonlinear dynamics and stability; power system operation, control, and optimization; Dynamic Security Assessment/Energy Management System; and smart grids.
- Blockchain-based Decentralized Peer-to-peer Energy Trading
- Enhacing the Resilience of Interdependent Critical Infrastructures
- Stochastic Optimization and Functional Learning Algorithm for Optimal Energy Storage Sizing
- Hung Dinh Nguyen, Long Vu, Jean-Jacques Slotine, Konstantin Turitsyn. (2020). Contraction Analysis for Differential Algebraic Equation Systems. IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, .
- Yu Weng, Hung D. Nguyen. (2020, February). A New Generation of AGC using Repetitive Learning. Paper presented at 2020 IEEE PES Innovative Smart Grid Technologies Conference NA (ISGT NA), Washington DC.
- Yu Weng, Chao Zhai, Yang Liu, Hung D. Nguyen. (2020). An Optimal Control Based Cascading Failure Risk Assessment Method. 2020 IEEE PES General Meeting, August 2-6 2020.
- P Pareek, K Turitsyn, K Dvijotham, HD Nguyen. (2019). A Sufficient Condition for Small-Signal Stability and Construction of Robust Stability Region. IEEE PES General Meeting 2019.
- Hung Dinh Nguyen ; Krishnamurthy Dvijotham ;Suhyoun Yu; Konstantin Turitsyn. (2018). A Framework for Robust Long-Term Voltage Stability of Distribution Systems. IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid, , 1-1.