Dr Sun Handong has been with the School of Physical & Mathematical Science since 2007. He is a Fellow of American Physical Society. Dr. Sun received his Bachelor degree in Physics from Dalian University of Technology, Master and Ph.D. degrees from Huazgong University of Science & Technology, and Hong Kong University of Science & Technology, respectively. His research interests include Optoelectronic materials & devices, Semiconductor physics; Optical spectroscopy; Nano-materials & Technology, etc.. He has done significant research works in his research areas and published over 230 top quality journal papers. He has been often invited as a reviewer for a number of journals, including: Nature Photonics, Nature Communication, Advanced Materials, Advanced Functional Materials, laser & Photonics Review, Nano Letters, ACS Nano, Appl. Phys. Lett., JACS, Chem. Science etc.
Prof Sun's areas of expertise are Optics & Materials physics. His research theme exists at the interface between optical physics and material science, i.e. light-matter interaction. His current research works focus on Optical spectroscopic characterization, Physics behind Optoelectronic Devices, Plasmonics Optics and Applications, Inorganic Perovskite Quantum Dots for Lasers, LEDS and solar cells.
- Exploring Weyl Semimetals Via Photonic Spin Hall Effect
- Heavy Metal-free Sulfur Nano Dots for Luminescence based Applications
- Integrated On-chip Planar Coherent Light Sources
- Self-Assembled Organic Nanoparticles for Efficient Three-Photon Imaging
- Yue Wang, Yinjuan Ren, Shengli Zhang, Jianfeng Wu, Jizhong Song, Xiaoming Li, Jiayue Xu, Chorng Haur Sow, Haibo Zeng, Handong Sun. (2018). Switching Excitonic Recombination and Carrier Trapping in Cesium Lead Halide Perovskites by Air. Communications Physics, 1, 96.
- Yue Wang, Van Duong Ta, Kheng Swee Leck, Beng Hau Ian Tan, Zeng Wang, Tingchao He, Claus-Dieter Ohl, Hilmi Volkan Demir, Handong Sun*. (2017). Robust whispering-gallery-mode microbubble lasers from colloidal quantum dots. Nano Letters, 17, DOI: 10.1021/acs.nanolett.7b00447.
- Yue Wang · Xiaoming Li · Xin Zhao · Lian Xiao · Haibo Zeng · Handong Sun. (2016). Nonlinear Absorption and Low-Threshold Multiphoton Pumped Stimulated Emission from All-Inorganic Perovskite Nanocrystals. Nano Letters, .
- Yue Wang, Xiaoming Li, Jizhong Song, Lian Xiao, Haibo Zeng*, Handong Sun*. (2015). All-inorganic colloidal perovskite quantum dots: a new class of lasing materials with favorable characteristics. Advanced Materials, 27, 7101-7108.
- Su Xu, Hongyi Xu, Hanhong Gao, Yuyu Jiang, Faxin Yu, John D. Joannopoulos, Marin Soljačić, Hongsheng Chen*, Handong Sun*, and Baile Zhang*. (2015). Broadband surface-wave transformation cloak. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America (PNAS), 112, 7635–7638.