Ms Chin obtained a Master in Arts (English Language) from the National University of Singapore (NUS) in 1996 and Diploma in Education (TESL) from University of Malaya. She held management and teaching appointments at the Regional Language Centre (RELC) of the Southeast Asia Ministers of Education Organization (SEAMEO) where she conducted language, communication and teacher training programmes for participants from ASEAN countries as well as China, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan. As a lecturer at NTU, she teaches courses on academic writing, workplace communication and English proficiency.
Ms Chin Soo Fun
My professional interests include syllabus design, materials development and preparation, workplace communication, and education management.
- Ng, A. & Chin, S.F. (2018). Dialogue as the way forward for enhancing feedback practices in academic writing. LCC Working Paper Series, 5, 93-100.
- Leong PA, Toh LLA, & Chin SF. (2018). Examining structure in scientific research articles: A study of thematic progression and thematic density. Written Communication, 35(3), 286–314.
- Lee Chien Ching and Chin Soo Fun. (2017). Engineering students' perceptions of graduate attributes: Perspectives from two educational paths. IEEE Transactions on Professional Communication, 60(1), 42-55.
- Lee Chien Ching and Chin Soo Fun. (2016). Writing for transfer in resume writing. LCC Working Paper Series, 3, 3-13.
- Ng A.C.C, Chan S.K, Chin S.F, Li S.Y, and Leong P.A. (2013). Resume writing in the real world—do business communication textbooks really give good advice?. Asian ESP Journal, 9(3), 73–97.