Academic Profile : Faculty
Assoc Prof Wu Wei
Associate Professor, School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Dr Wu is an Associate Professor in Rock Engineering. He obtained his Bachelor’s degree from Shandong University, China in 2007, Master’s degree from NTU in 2008, and PhD degree from Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland in 2013. Prior to joining NTU, he was a postdoctoral scholar at Stanford University.
Experimental geophysics and energy geomechanics, with emphasis on underground space development, geo-energy extraction and storage, as well as induced geohazards due to climate change and energy extraction.
- “Breaking the ground” in Semakau Landfill: technological solutions for site investigation and material reuse
- An Integrated Geophysical and Geotechnical Method for Sinkhole Detection During Bored Tunnelling
- Full Waveform Inversion of Microseismic Data for Monitoring hydraulic fracturing
- Geothermal-Driven Technologies for Passive Enabling of Urban Sustainability Solutions
- Geothermal-Driven Technologies for Passive Enabling of Urban Sustainability Solutions (NTU PI: Alessandro Romagnoli)
- Pilot Tests for using a New Foundation System for Tuas Container Port
- Pilot Tests for using a New Foundation System for Tuas Container Port (Co-PI: Wu Wei)
- Pilot Tests for using a New Foundation System for Tuas Container Port (PI: Chu Jian)
- School Research Funding Support to Associate Chairs, Assistant Chairs and Prog Directors
- Stability evaluation of Singapore rocks in response to climate change
- Utilization of freshwater sludge and carbide sludge to produce expansive agent for civil engineering applications