Academic Profile : Faculty
Assoc Prof Wu Wei
Associate Professor, School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Dr Wu is an Associate Professor in Rock Engineering. He obtained his Bachelor’s degree from Shandong University, China in 2007, Master’s degree from NTU in 2008, and PhD degree from Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland in 2013. Prior to joining NTU, he was a postdoctoral scholar at Stanford University. He currently serves as the Honorary Secretary of Society for Rock Mechanics & Engineering Geology (Singapore), the Associate Editor for International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences, and the Assistant Chair for Research in School of Civil and Environmental Engineering at NTU.
Experimental geophysics and energy geomechanics, with emphasis on underground space development, geo-energy extraction and storage, as well as induced geohazards due to climate change and energy extraction.
- “Breaking the ground” in Semakau Landfill: technological solutions for site investigation and material reuse
- Ambient Noise Imaging of Possible Geothermal Resources in Singapore near Sembawang Hot Spring Park
- An Integrated Geophysical and Geotechnical Method for Sinkhole Detection During Bored Tunnelling
- Efficient modelling, inversion and imaging methods for site selection and reliable monitoring of CO2 sequestration
- Geothermal-Driven Technologies for Passive Enabling of Urban Sustainability Solutions
- Geothermal-Driven Technologies for Passive Enabling of Urban Sustainability Solutions (NTU PI: Alessandro Romagnoli)
- Pilot Tests for using a New Foundation System for Tuas Container Port
- Pilot Tests for using a New Foundation System for Tuas Container Port (Co-PI: Wu Wei)
- Pilot Tests for using a New Foundation System for Tuas Container Port (PI: Chu Jian)
- School Research Funding Support to Associate Chairs, Assistant Chairs and Prog Directors
- Utilization of freshwater sludge and carbide sludge to produce expansive agent for civil engineering applications