Dr Wu is an Assistant Professor in rock engineering. He obtained his Bachelor’s degree from Shandong University, China in 2007, Master’s degree from NTU in 2008, and PhD degree from Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland in 2013. Prior to joining NTU, he was a postdoctoral scholar at Stanford University.
Asst Prof Wu Wei
Assistant Professor, School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Experimental geophysics and energy geomechanics, with emphasis on the mechanism of induced seismicity, underground space development, geo-energy extraction and storage.
- Artificial Intelligence Based Geological Modelling and Geo-data Management System for Virtual Singapore
- Full Waveform Inversion of Microseismic Data for Monitoring hydraulic fracturing
- Geothermal-Driven Technologies for Passive Enabling of Urban Sustainability Solutions
- Geothermal-Driven Technologies for Passive Enabling of Urban Sustainability Solutions (NTU PI: Alessandro Romagnoli)
- School Research Funding Support to Associate Chairs, Assistant Chairs and Prog Directors
- Stability evaluation of Singapore rocks in response to climate change
- - Wanniarachchi WAM, Wu W* (2021) Permeability evolution of rock-concrete interfaces in underground lined storage systems, International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences, 143, 104792.
- Mei C, Barbot S, Wu W* (2021) Period-multiplying cycles at the transition between stick-slip and stable sliding and implications for the Parkfield period-doubling tremors, Geophysical Research Letters, 48(7), e2020GL091807.
- Ji YL, Wu W* (2020) Injection-driven fracture activation in granite: mechanism and implications, Tectonophysics, 791, 228572.
- Rathnaweera TD, Wu W*, Ji YL, Ranjith PG (2020) Understanding injection-induced seismicity in enhanced geothermal systems: from the coupled thermo-hydro-mechanical process to anthropogenic earthquake prediction, Earth-science Reviews, 205, 103182.
- Jia YZ, Wu W*, Kong XZ (2020) Injection-induced slip heterogeneity on faults in shale reservoirs, International Journal of Rock Mechanics and Mining Sciences, 131, 104363.
- Ji YL, Wu W*, Zhao ZH (2019) Unloading-induced rock fracture activation and maximum seismic moment prediction, Engineering Geology, 262, 105352.
- Dang WG, Wu W*, Konietzky H, Qian JY (2019) Effect of shear-induced aperture change on fluid flow paths in rock fractures, Computers and Geotechnics, 114, 103152.
- Duan K, Ji YL, Wu W*, Kwok CY (2019) Unloading-induced failure of brittle rocks and implications for excavation-induced strain burst, Tunneling and Underground Space Technology, 84, 495-506.
- Wu W*, Recce JS, Gensterblum Y, Zoback MD (2017) Permeability evolution of slowly slipping faults in shale reservoirs, Geophysical Research Letters, 44(22), 11368-11375.
- Wu W*, Zoback MD, Kohli AH (2017) The impacts of effective stress and CO2 sorption on the matrix permeability of shale reservoir rocks, Fuel, 203, 179-186.