Dr. Li Hong (Colin) received his Bachelor and Ph.D. degrees from Nanyang Technological University in Singapore. He was awarded the Singapore Millennium Foundation (SMF) postdoctoral fellowship after graduation. In 2013, he joined the Mechanical Engineering Department at Stanford University as a postdoc where he focused on engineering two dimensional materials for catalyzing energy conversion/storage (affiliated with Center of Sustainable Energy through Catalysis). He also worked with Samsung to develop health monitoring biosensors for wearable devices. Dr. Li Hong joined the School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering in June 2016 as Assistant Professor, under the Manufacturing Industrial Engineering Cluster.
Dr. Li’s expertise is development of electrochemical devices and catalysts for energy conversion and storage applications. His current research works focus on energy conversion through designing of electrochemical devices and engineering of electrocatalysts.
- Development Of Electrochemical Devices For Energy Conversion And Storage
- Gas-Phase Synthesis Of Porous Van Der Waals Solids For Multifunctional Catalyst
- Hybrid Electrolysis for Biomass Refinery and Hydrogen Generation
- In-situ electrochemical/electronic measurement for semiconductor catalysis
- Hong Li, Minshu Du, Michal J Mleczko, Ai Leen Koh, Yoshio Nishi, Eric Pop, Allen J Bard, Xiaolin Zheng. (2016). Kinetic Study of Hydrogen Evolution Reaction over Strained MoS2 with Sulphur-Vacancies using Scanning Electrochemical Microscopy. Journal of the American Chemical Society, 138(15), 5123.
- Hong Li, Charlie Tsai, Ai Leen Koh, Lili Cai, Alex W Contryman, Alex H Fragapane, Jiheng Zhao, Hyun Soon Han, Hari C Manoharan, Frank Abild-Pedersen, Jens K Nørskov, Xiaolin Zheng. (2016). Activating and optimizing MoS2 basal planes for hydrogen evolution through the formation of strained sulphur vacancies. Nature Materials, 15(1), 48.
- Hong Li, Alex W Contryman, Xiaofeng Qian, Sina Moeini Ardakani, Yongji Gong, Xingli Wang, Jeffery M Weisse, Chi Hwan Lee, Jiheng Zhao, Pulickel M Ajayan, Ju Li, Hari C Manoharan, Xiaolin Zheng. (2015). Optoelectronic crystal of artificial atoms in strain-textured molybdenum disulphide. Nature Communications, 6, 7381.
- Hong Li, Qing Zhang, Chin Chong Ray Yap, Beng Kang Tay, Teo Hang Tong Edwin, Aurelien Olivier, Dominique Baillargeat. (2012). From bulk to monolayer MoS2: evolution of Raman scattering. Advanced Functional Materials, 22(7), 1385.
- Hong Li, Qing Zhang, Nicola Marzari. (2008). Unique carbon-nanotube field-effect transistors with asymmetric source and drain contact. Nano Letters, 8(1), 64-68.