Chu Yeong has worked for 15 years in the financial control, management reporting, risk management and treasury functions of international banks and multi-national companies such as Credit Suisse, Citibank, Standard Chartered Bank, GIC, DBS Bank and Shell Eastern Petroleum (Pte) Ltd. He has taught introductory, intermediate and advanced financial accounting courses, and valuation course in Singapore Management University and Singapore Institute of Technology. He has taught executive and postgraduate courses on financial accounting and valuation. He is active in the accounting profession, being a member of the Institute of Internal Auditors Education Committee, an external reviewer of the professional qualification examinations, a technical accounting advisor to PKF LLP and a former member of the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants Financial Reporting Committee. He has publications in Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Journal of Banking and Finance, Issues in Accounting Education, British Accounting Review and Information & Management, among other journals. Chu Yeong holds a PhD in Accounting from the University of Manchester, a MBA from University of Warwick, and a Bachelor of Accountancy (First Class Honors) from NTU. His professional qualifications include Chartered Accountant Singapore and CPA Australia.
Dr Chu Yeong Lim
Senior Lecturer, College of Business (Nanyang Business School) - Division of Accounting
Financial Accounting, Accounting for Financial Institutions, Risk Management, Accounting Information Systems, Accounting Education.
- Chu Yeong Lim, Arif Perdana, Shin Ren Wong. (2020). Pursuing effectiveness and efficiency: Data model for workforce scheduling at Alvarino. Journal of Information Technology Teaching Cases, .
- Pearl Tan, Lim Chu Yeong, Kuah Ee Wen. (2019). Advanced Financial Accounting. McGraw-Hill Education (Asia).
- Kevin Ow Yong, Clarence Goh, Chu Yeong Lim, Joseph Alfred. (2018). Implementing IFRS 9.ACCA AB (Accounting and Business) magazine.
- Koh Wei Chern, Lim Chu Yeong, Tong Yen Hee. (2018). Accounting For Financial Liabilities Under IFRS 9 and IAS 39.IS Chartered Accountant Journal.
- Chu Yeong Lim, Jiwei Wang, Cheng Zeng. (2018). China’s “Mercantilist” Government Subsidies, the Cost of Debt and Firm Performance. Journal of Banking and Finance, 86, 37-52.