Dr See received his B. Eng (First Class Hons) and PhD degrees from the National University of Singapore and Imperial College London, United Kingdom, in 1986 and 1997, respectively. Between 1986 and 1994, he worked in the industry in various senior technical and management positions in Singapore, United Kingdom and Hong Kong. After obtaining his PhD degree in 1997, he joined NTU as a faculty member. He is currently a tenured Associate Professor in the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering. His research interests are electromagnetic compatibility (EMC), signal integrity and power integrity in high-speed electronics and real-time condition monitoring for railway systems. He also holds concurrent appointments as Director of SMRT-NTU Smart Urban Rail Corporate Lab and Director of Electromagnetic Effects Research Lab (EMERL). He holds 2 patents, co-authored 3 books and published more than 150 top-tier refereed international journal and conference publications. He is a Senior Member of IEEE, the Founding Chairs of the IEEE EMC Singapore Chapter and IEEE Joint AES/GRSS Singapore Chapter. He served as General Chairs of 2011 International Symposium of Integrated Circuits and 2015 Asia Pacific Synthetic Aperture Radar Conference. He was also one of the invited international speakers for the “Global EMC University” at the 2007 and 2008 IEEE International EMC Symposiums in USA. He has been the Technical Editor of IEEE EMC Magazine since 2011.
Electomagnetic Compatibility, Signal Integrity, Electromagnetic Shielding and Railway Condition Monitoring.
- IEMI Study on Power Grid
- Real-Time Condition Monitoring Suite (RCMS)
- SMRT-NTU Corp Lab - Common Activities
- SMRT-NTU Corp Lab - Enhancement To Integrity And Reliability Of Rail Assets (EIRRA)
- N. B. Narampanawe, K. Y. See, J. Zhang, E. K. Chua, W. P. Goh. (2017). Analysis of Ultra-Thin and Flexible Current Transformer Based on JA Hysteresis Model. IEEE Sensors Journal , 17(13), 4029 - 4036.
- Bi S, Zhang L, Mu C, Lee HY, Cheah JW, Chua EK, See KY, Liu M, Hu X. (2017). A comparative study on electromagnetic interference shielding behaviors of chemically reduced and thermally reduced graphene aerogels. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 492, 112-118.
- Li Kangrong, See Kye Yak, Rathnayaka Mudiyanselage Sooriya Bandara. (2016). Impact Analysis of Conducted Emission Measurement Without LISN. IEEE Transactions on Electromagnetic Compatibility, 58(3), 776 - 783.
- Y. T. Liu, K. Y. See and K. J. Tseng. (2015). Effect of nonlinear magnetization of transformer on conducted EMI of flyback converter. IET Power Electronics, 8(4), 602 – 609.
- M. N. Halgamuge, K. Y. See and J. L. Eberhardt. (2015). Reduced growth of soybean seedlings after exposure to weak microwave radiation from GSM 900 mobile phone and base station. Bioelectromagnetics, 36(2), 87-95.