Assistant Professor Hoang Viet Ha joint the Division of Mathematica Sciences in July 2008. He received his Bachelor degree in Mathematics from the University of Wollongong in 1996 and his PhD in Mathematics from the Unviersity of Cambridge in 2000. He was a research fellow of Gonville and Caius College and the Meggitt fellow of Emmanuel College, Cambridge before joining the NTU. His research interests include multiscale problems, probabilistic partial differential equations and numerical analysis.
Assoc Prof Viet Ha Hoang
Associate Professor, School of Physical & Mathematical Sciences - Division of Mathematical Sciences
Assistant Professor Hoang Viet Ha ares of expertise is multiscale problems, multiscale computations, homogenization, random partial differential equations. Currently he is working on some computational problems for multiscale problems using sparse finite elements and wavelet.
- Numerical Methods For Random Multiscale Partial Differential Equations
- Seed Funding
- Stochastic Optimization and Functional Learning Algorithm for Optimal Energy Storage Sizing
- Viet Ha Hoang and Jia Hao Quek. (2019). Bayesian inverse problems for recovering coefficients of two scale elliptic equations. Inverse problems, .
- V. H. Hoang and Ch. Schwab. (2012). Analytic regularity and generalized polynomial chaos approximation for parametric and random 2nd order hyperbolic partial differential equations,. Analysis and Applications, 10(3), 295–326.
- V. H. Hoang. (2012). Bayesian inverse problems in measure spaces with application to Burgers and Hamilton-Jacobi equations with white noise forcing. Inverse problems, 28, 025009.
- P. H. Haynes, V. H. Hoang, J. R. Norris and K. Zygalakis.(2010). Homogenization for advection-diffusion in a perforated domain,. Probability and Mathematical Genetics, Papers in honours of Sir John Kingman,(396-414). Cambridge University Press.
- V. H. Hoang. (2009). Bounds for the effective stress of classical and strain gradient plastic composites. Siam Journal on Applied Mathematics, 69, 1598-1617.