Dr. Theng Yin Leng is Professor and Director at the Centre of Healthy and Sustainable Cities (CHESS) at the Wee Kim Wee School of Communication and Information, and Research Director at the Research Strategy and Coordination Unit (President’s Office), Nanyang Technological University (NTU, Singapore). Dr.
Theng's research interests are mainly in user-centred design, interaction design and usability engineering. She has participated in varying capacities as principal investigator, co-investigator and collaborator in numerous research projects in the United Kingdom and Singapore since 1998. In the area of research, Dr.Theng’s philosophy is about doing worthwhile, scientifically-based experimental Human-Computer Interaction in understanding users and their interactions, especially for Information Systems, in her earlier research on the World Wide Web and Digital Libraries, and with recent focus on interactive systems/devices for Healthcare and Education. Her main research interest is to develop innovative tools, techniques, methods and models to assist in the design and evaluation of interactive systems/devices, making research relevant and impacting society. From 2003 to 2015, as a PI, she has garnered a total of slightly over S$3M as PI and about S$2M as Co-PI and Collaborator. Dr. Theng has more than 200 papers and publishes widely in top-tiered international journals and conferences. Recent interests include applying user issues to elderly & technologies, games for health, health informatics, smart nation & metrics.
- CHESS - INCOME 1
- Extending Health Span through Diabetes Health Literacy and Competency Assessment (HeaLiX health bot)
- Monetary Acadamic Resources for Research
- Skillsets Mapping for Future-Ready Seniors: Comparative Investigations within Precision Engineering Sector
- Skillsets Mapping for Future-Ready Seniors: Comparative Investigations within Retail Sector
- The Use of Robotics for Cognitive and Motor Training in Older Adults
- Uberising Health Coaching Addressing the Increasing Demand for Just-In-Time, Bite-Sized and Affordable Health Coaching for Older Adults
- Vaccine communication and messaging: Addressing COVID- 19 vaccine hesitancy and promoting population acceptance
- Virtual And Augmented Reality Training Systems For The Elderly In Singapore
- Theng, Y.L., Foo, S., Goh, H.L.D., & Na, J.C. (2008). Handbook of Research on Digital Libraries: Design, Development and Impact. IGI Global, Hershey, PA.
- Theng, Y.L., Tan, K.L., Lim, E.P., Zhang, J., Goh, D.H., Chatterjea, K., Chew, C.H., Sun, A., Han, Y., Dang, N.H., Li, Y.Y. and Vo, M.C. (2007). Proceedings of the ACM+IEEE Joint Conference on Digital Libraries JCDL 2007: Mobile G-Portal supporting collaborative sharing and learning in geography fieldwork: An empirical study. (pp. 462-471)Canada.
- Theng, Y.L., Goh, D., Lim, E.P., Liu, Z.H., Ming, Y., Pang, N., Wong, B.B. (2005). Applying Scenario-Based Design and Claims Analysis on the Design of a Digital Library of Geography Examination Resources. Information Processing and Management, 41(1), 23-40.