Dr. Lei Wei received the B.E. degree in Electrical Engineering from Wuhan University of Technology (China) in 2005; and the Ph.D. degree in Photonics Engineering from Technical University of Denmark (Denmark) in 2011. Then he joined the Research Laboratory of Electronics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (USA) as a postdoctoral associate. In 2014, he joined the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering at Nanyang Technological University in Singapore as a Nanyang Assistant Professor. In 2019, he was promoted to Associate Professor with tenure. He serves as the Director of Centre for Optical Fibre Technology (COFT). His main research interests are fiber-based devices, multi-functional fibers, bio-fiber interfaces, and in-fiber energy generation and storage.
- Advanced Nano-Manufacturing of Structured Multi-Material Particles by Laser Induced In-Fiber Fluid Dynamical Instabilities
- Chemistry-Independent, Fluid-Instability-Mediated and Scalable In-Fiber Manufacturing of Multi- Material Structured Particles
- Development Of Optoelectrical Bimodal Monitoring Technique For Neuronal Activity In Live Brain: An Application To The Investigation Of Neural Circuit Functions
- Fibre- Based Optofluidic Biosensors for Small-Molecules DNA Detection
- Next Generation Broadband, Compact, Ultra-Sensitive, Real-Time, Tunable Laser Spectroscopy Analyzer
- P2.1 Artificial Muscles Enabled Robotic Arms with fully integrated Sensing and Actuation
- Single-Crystal Semiconductor Fibers for Wearable Optoelectronics
- T. Zhang, K. Li, J. Zhang, M. Chen, Z. Wang, S. Ma, N. Zhang, and L. Wei. (2017). High-performance, flexible, and ultralong crystalline thermoelectric fibers. Nano Energy, 41, 35-42.
- J. Zhang, K. Li, T. Zhang, P. J. Buenconsejo, M. Chen, Z. Wang, M. Zhang, Z. Wang, and L. Wei. (2017). Laser induced in-fiber fluid dynamical instabilities for precise and scalable fabrication of spherical particles. Advanced Functional Materials, 27, 1703245.
- M. Chen, J. Xia, J. Zhou, Q. Zeng, K. Li, K. Fujisawa, W. Fu, T. Zhang, J. Zhang, Z. Wang, Z. Wang, X. Jia, M. Terrones, Z. Shen, Z. Liu, and L. Wei. (2017). Ordered and atomically perfect fragmentation of layered transition metal dichalcogenides via mechanical instabilities. ACS Nano, 11, 9191-9199.
- Shun Wang, Ting Zhang, Kaiwei Li, Shaoyang Ma, Ming Chen, Ping Lu, Lei Wei. (2017). Flexible Piezoelectric Fibers for Acoustic Sensing and Positioning. Advanced Electronic Materials, 3(3), 1600449.
- M. Zhang, K. Li, P. Shum, X. Yu, S. Zeng, Z. Wu, Q. Wang, K. Yong, and L. Wei. (2017). Hybrid graphene/gold plasmonic fiber-optic biosensor. Advanced Materials Technologies, 2(2), 1600185.