Dr. Rusli received his B. Eng (1st Class Honours) and M. Eng from the National University of Singapore, and PhD degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Cambridge, UK. He has been in the area of microelectronics research since 1991. He is currently an Associate Professor at the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University. He is a senior member of IEEE and has more than 200 research papers published/presented in international journals and conferences. He was also invited to contribute three chapters in two books.
A/Prof Rusli's areas of expertise are on the growth, characterization and application of amorphous thin films which include a-C:H, a-Si:H, a-SiC:H, a-SiN:H etc. He has also worked extensively on the design, fabrication and characterization of high frequency, high power and high temperature SiC power devices. His current research works focus on silicon nanowires and their applications.
- Team Learning in Laboratory Experiments
- Valeri Ligatchev and Rusli.(2008). Dielectric properties and features of defect state distributions in nano-crystalline SiOCH and TaOx. Handbook of Nanoceramics and Their Based NanodevicesAmerican Scientific Publishers, US.
- K. L. Foo, Rusli, M. B. Yu, N. Singh, K. D. Buddharaju, L.Chan, C.M. Ng. (2008). Silicon Nanowires Photodiodes. International Conference on Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, Melbourne.
- P. Zhao, Rusli, C. L. Zhu and J. H. Xia. (2007). DC characterization of accumulation layer and bulk layer electron mobility in 4H-SiC depletion mode MOSFET. Solid-State Electronics, 51, 1139-1143.
- Jo-Lene Tan, Kuan Yew Cheong and Rusli. (2007). Physical Characteristics of Sol-gel Derived SiO2 Thick Film on 4H-SiC. International Conference on Silicon Carbide and Related Materials, Japan.
- C. L. Zhu, Rusli and P. Zhao. (2007). Dual-Channel 4H-SiC Metal Semiconductor Field Effect Transistors. Solid-State Electronics, 51, 343-346.