Shijian received his PhD in electrical and computer engineering from the National University of Singapore. He is an Assistant Professor with School of Computer Science & Engineering, the Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. His major research interests include image and video analytics, visual intelligence, and machine learning. He has published more than 100 international refereed journal and conference papers and co-authored over 10 patents in these research areas. He is currently an Associate Editor for the journal Pattern Recognition (PR). He has also served in the program committee of a number of conferences, e.g. the Area Chair of the International Conference on Document Analysis and Recognition (ICDAR) 2017, the Senior Program Committee of the International Joint Conferences on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI) 2018, etc.
Image and Video Analytics
- EEE-NTU Delta Joint Lab
- High-Fidelity Image Synthesis for Effective and Efficient and Efficient Deep Network Training
- Image Synthesis: Learning Accurate and Robust Deep Detection and Recognition Networks with Limited Training Images (Project SMA-RP15)
- Unsupervised Domain Adaptation for Scalable Deep Learning
- Weakly And Semi-Supervised Deep Network Learning For Accurate And Robust Object Detection And Recognition
- Rongliang Wu, Gongjie Zhang, Shijian Lu, Tao Chen. (2020). Cascade EF-GAN: Progressive Facial Expression Editing with Local Focuses. 2020 IEEE/CVF Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR).
- Gongjie Zhang, Shijian Lu, Wei Zhang. (2019). CAD-Net: A Context-Aware Detection Network for Objects in Remote Sensing Imagery. IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, 57(12), 10015 - 10024.
- Zhengguang Liu, Shuang Wu, Shuyuan Jin, Qi Liu, Shijian Lu, Roger Zimmermann, Li Cheng. (2019). Towards Natural and Accurate Future Motion Prediction of Humans and Animals. IEEE International Conference on Computer Vison and Pattern Recognition (CVPR).
- Fangneng Zhan, Shijian Lu. (2019). ESIR: End-to-end Scene Text Recognition via Iterative Image Rectification. IEEE International Conference on Computer Vison and Pattern Recognition (CVPR).
- Fangneng Zhan, Hongyuan Zhu, Shijian Lu. (2019). Spatial Fusion GAN for Image Synthesis. IEEE International Conference on Computer Vison and Pattern Recognition (CVPR).