1. Bachelor of Science (Honors), School of Biological Sciences, (NTU), Singapore 2004 – 2008
2. Minor in Entrepreneurship, NTU, 2014
3. Doctor of Philosophy, School of Biological Sciences, (NTU), Singapore 2008 - 2014
4. Post Doctoral Fellow, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Saudi Arabia 2016-2018
5. Basic Science Education Fellow, Duke-NUS Medical School, Singapore, 2019-2020
- M. R. Jumat “RE: Improve but do not select for grit and resilience” Science Advances. E-Letter Volume (6), no. 31 (2020).
- L.X.L Ngiam, Y.T. Ong, J.X, Ng, J.T.Y. Kuek, J.L Chia, N.P.X. Chan, C.Y. Ho, A.H.M. Abdurrahman, N.H.A. Kamal, C.W.S Cheong, C.H. Ng, X.H. Tan, L.H.E. Tan, A.M.C. Chin, S. Mason, M.R. Jumat, M. Chiam and L.K.R. Krishna “Impact for caring for terminally ill children on physicians: a systematic scoping review.” American Journal of Hospice and Palliative Medicine. Epub ahead of print (2020).
- M. R. Jumat, P.K.H. Chow, J.C. Allen Jr, S.H. Lai, N.C. Hwang, J. Iqbal, M.U.S. Mok, A. Rapisarda, J.M. Velkey, D.L. Engle and S. Compton “Grit protects medical students from burnout: a longitudinal study” BMC Medical Education, 20, 266 (2020).
- M. R. Jumat, P. Wong, K.X. Foo, I.C.J. Lee, S.P.L Goh, S. Ganapathy, T.Y. Tan, A.H.L. Loh, Y.C. Yeo, Y. Chao, L.T. Cheng, S.H. Lai, S.H. Goh, S. Compton and N.C. Hwang “From trial to implementation, bringing team-based learning online – Duke-NUS medical School’s Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic” Medical Science Educator, Epub ahead of print (2020).
- P. Wong, M. R. Jumat, I.C.J Lee, K.X. Foo, S.P.L Goh, S. Ganapathy, S.H. Lai and N.C. Hwang “Redesigning team-based learning facilitation for an online platform to deliver preclinical curriculum: A response to the COVID-19 pandemic” MedEdPublish, 9 (1), 135 (2020).
- M.R. Jumat “Organizational Grit Trumps Individual Grit. Response to: Grit in healthcare education and practice” The Asian Pacific Scholar (TAPS). 5(1), (2020).
- N. Zaouri, M.R. Jumat, T. Cheema and P.Y Hong “Metagenomics-based evaluation of groundwater microbial profiles in response to treated wastewater discharge” Environmental Research.
- M. R. Jumat and P.Y. Hong. “Inactivation and Loss of Infectivity of Enterovirus 70 by Solar Irradiation” Water 11 (1), 64 (2019).
- P.Y. Hong, T.R. Julian and M.R. Jumat “Microbial safety in water resources” Frontiers in Microbiology 9, 3064 (2018).
- T. Nguyen, Y. Yan, M.R. Jumat, L. Jing, B.H Tan, D.Y Wang and R.J. Sugrue. “A sustained antiviral host response in respiratory syncytial virus infected human nasal epithelium does not prevent virus transmission.” Virology 521 20-32 (2018).
- M.R. Jumat, M.F. Haroon, N. Al-Jassim, H. Cheng, and P.Y. Hong. “An Increase of Abundance and Transcriptional Activity for Acinetobacter junii Post Wastewater Treatment.” 10(4): 436 Water (2018).
- Jumat, M.R.; Hasan, N.A.; Subramanian, P.; Heberling, C.; Colwell, R.R.; Hong, P.-Y. Membrane Bioreactor-Based Wastewater Treatment Plant in Saudi Arabia: Reduction of Viral Diversity, Load, and Infectious Capacity, 9:534 Water (2017).
- M. Myiang, M.R. Jumat, T. Nguyen, B.H. Tan and R.J. Sugrue “Truncated forms of the PA protein containing only the C-terminal domains are associated with the RNP complex within H1N1 influenza virus particles” Journal of General Virology (2017) doi: 10.1099/jgv.0.000721
- M.R. Jumat, P. Wong, R.T.C. Lee, S. Maurer-Stroh, B.H. Tan and R.J. Sugrue ‘Molecular and biochemical characterization of the NS1 protein of non-cultured influenza B virus strains circulating in Singapore’ Microbial Genomics, 2016 2. doi: 10.1099/mgen.0.000082
- Mantilla-Calderon. D, Jumat. R, Wang. T, Ganesan. P, Al-Jassim. N and Hong. P. Y “Isolation and characterization of NDM-positive Escherichia coli from municipal wastewater in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.” Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy doi:10.1128/aac.00236-16(2016).
- M. R. Jumat, Y. Yan, L. Iyer, P. Wong, T. Nguyen, C. Li, B.H. Tan, W.D. Yun and R.J. Sugrue. “Morphogenesis of respiratory syncytial virus in human primary nasal ciliated epithelial cells occurs at surface membrane microdomains that are distinct from cilia.” Virology 484 395-411 (2015).
- M. R. Jumat, T. Nguyen, L. Iyer, R. Stanford, B.H. Tan and R.J. Sugrue. “Viperin protein expression inhibits the late stage of respiratory syncytial virus morphogenesis.” Antiviral Research 114: 11-20 (2015).
- M. R. Jumat, T. Nguyen, P. Wong, L.H. Loo, B.H. Tan, F. Fenwick, G.L. Toms and R.J. Sugrue.” Imaging analysis of human metapneumovirus-infected cells provides evidence for the involvement of F-actin and the raft-lipid microdomains in virus morphogenesis.” Virology Journal 11: 198 (2014).
- M. R. Jumat, B.H. Tan and R.J. Sugrue. “Genetic characterisation of Influenza B viruses detected in Singapore.” BMC Research Notes 7: 863 (2014).
- L.H. Loo, M.R. Jumat, F. Yi, T.C. Ayi, P.S. Wong, N.W. Tee, B.H. Tan and R.J. Sugrue. “Evidence for the interaction of the human metapneumovirus G and F proteins during virus-like particle formation.” Virology Journal 10:294 (2013).