Dr. Yuyan Guan obtained a Ph.D. degree from University of Toronto and is a member of CPA Australia. Before joining Nanyang Technological University in 2021, Dr. Guan was an associate professor at City University of Hong Kong. Her current research focuses on the production and use of accounting and financial information in the capital market, aiming at deriving empirical implications for investors, practitioners and regulators. Dr. Guan has research work published in Journal of Accounting and Economics, The Accounting Review, Management Science, Review of Accounting Studies, Contemporary Accounting Research, Journal of Corporate Finance, Journal of Business and Finance, Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, and Journal of Accounting Auditing and Finance, etc. Dr. Guan has been an associate editor for Asia-Pacific Journal of Accounting and Economics since October 2017 and was on the editorial board of the International Journal of Accounting from November 2012 to October 2017.
Assoc Prof Guan Yuyan （官玉燕）
Associate Professor, College of Business (Nanyang Business School) - Division of Accounting
Corporate disclosures, Auditing, Corporate governance, and Financial analysts
- Customers’ social capital and cost of debt
- Guan, Y., Z. Wang, F. Wong, and X. Xin. 2021. Language and Management Forecasts around the World. Contemporary Accounting Research. Forthcoming.
- Guan, Y., L. Zhang, L. Zheng, and H. Zou. 2021. Managerial Liability and Corporate Innovation: Evidence from a Legal Shock. Journal of Corporate Finance. Forthcoming.
- Guan, Y., J. Lobo, A. Tsang, and X. Xin. 2020. Societal Trust and Management Earnings Forecasts. The Accounting Review 95(5): 149-184.
- Guan, Y., C. Li, H. Lu and F. Wong. 2019. Regulations and Brain Drain: Evidence from the Wall Street Star Analysts’ Career Choices. Management Science 65(12): 5449-5956.
- Zhang, Y.*, Y. Guan and J.B. Kim. 2019. XBRL Adoption and Expected Crash Risk. Journal of Accounting and Public Policy 38(1): 31-52.
- Chiu, T.**, Y. Guan, J. Kim. 2018. The Effect of Mandatory Risk Factor Disclosures on the Pricing of Credit Default Swaps. Contemporary Accounting Research 35(4): 2191-2224.
- Chen, D., Y. Guan, T. Zhang, and G. Zhang.** 2017. Political Connection of Financial Intermediaries: evidence from China’s IPO Market. Journal of Banking and Finance 76: 15-31.
- Guan, Y., N. Su, D. Wu, and Z. Yang. 2016. Do School Ties between Auditors and Client Executives Influence Audit Quality? Journal of Accounting and Economics 61: 506-525.
- Guan, Y., F. Wong and Y. Zhang. 2015. Analyst Following along the Supply Chain. Review of Accounting Studies 20: 210-241.
- Chen, Z.H., Y. Guan and B. Ke. 2013. Are Stock Option Grants to Directors of State-controlled Chinese Firms Listed in Hong Kong Genuine Compensation? The Accounting Review 88(5): 1547-1574.