Academic Profile : Faculty
Dr Goh Hock Huan
Education Research Scientist, OER Centre for Research in Pedagogy and Practice
Research Scientist, National Institute of Education - Office of Education Research
Dr Goh Hock Huan was a Research Scientist at the Singapore Centre for Chinese Language (SCCL), NTU, and held appointments such as Assistant Dean of Research and Chair of Research and Ethics Committee in the centre. He has published a book on Mandarin competence of Singaporean Chinese preschoolers and compiled/co-compiled a few frequency dictionaries of Singapore Chinese. He has also published more than 10 co-authored papers and book-chapters, and delivered over 20 paper presentations in conferences worldwide. After serving 10 years in SCCL, he decided to rejoin NIE to advance his career and pursue new areas in education research.
Baseline Studies,Bilingual Development Studies,Child Language Studies,Classroom Interactions and Discourse,Corpus Construction and Corpus-based Studies,Curriculum Implementation and Evaluation,English),Linguistics (Chinese,Mixed Method Research,Professional Development and Evaluation,School-based Action Research,T&L Resource and Application Development.
- CORE 3 Research Programme: Baseline Investigation of Mother Tongue Pedagogies in Singapore's Primary and Secondary Classrooms (C3MT)
- Integrating Learning Analytics and Learning Design: Design and Implementation of Seamless Chinese Character Learning in Lower Primary Schools
- An Evaluative Study on the Mother Tongue Support Programme for Mid-Primary Students
- Growth in Bilingual & Biliteracy Proficiency: Environmental, Individual & Experiential Factors (GIBBER)
- Orchestrating the trajectories of Student-Generated Ideas (SGIs) through teacher-student discourses