Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: https://hdl.handle.net/10356/47081
Title: Damage detection in a composite plate using lamb wave
Authors: Natarajan Karuppiah
Keywords: DRNTU::Engineering
Issue Date: 2010
Abstract: The key success to Boeing 787's design is a 3% fuel saving over Boeing 767. The main reason behind this is the extensive use of advanced composites in aircraft. Around 45% of the aircraft's structure is made of graphite composites and another 5% is composed of fibreglass, with a total of 50% of the aircraft structure. Due to long distance propagation with less attenuation, Lamb wave methods are good for damage detection purpose.
Description: 93 p.
URI: http://hdl.handle.net/10356/47081
Rights: Nanyang Technological University
Fulltext Permission: restricted
Fulltext Availability: With Fulltext
Appears in Collections:MAE Theses

Files in This Item:
File Description SizeFormat 
MAE_THESES_104.pdf
  Restricted Access
12.37 MBAdobe PDFView/Open

Google ScholarTM

Check

Items in DR-NTU are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.